• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Some good news of a kind:

I struggle with this a bit, because how many people may need hospital treatment but aren't being fed into the hospitals? How many are being left in care homes? Could we not maximise the beds and staff to try and get them back to health rather than leaving it to care homes?

Some good news of a kind:

I think a better approach would be to send all the covid19 patients to Nightingale and leave the other hospitals for 'normal' folk.

Logistically it would be tricky (staffing levels, equipment etc) but should help people stop dying from things they wouldn't die from if covid19 wasn't a thing

I struggle with this a bit, because how many people may need hospital treatment but aren't being fed into the hospitals? How many are being left in care homes? Could we not maximise the beds and staff to try and get them back to health rather than leaving it to care homes?

Would those in Nursing homes be DNR's anyway?

I think a better approach would be to send all the covid19 patients to Nightingale and leave the other hospitals for 'normal' folk.

Logistically it would be tricky (staffing levels, equipment etc) but should help people stop dying from things they wouldn't die from if covid19 wasn't a thing

I think the logistics of doing that would rule it out, plus you open up the suggestion of putting people into 'death camps'.

Having spoken to a couple of people at Stoke hospital they are already putting covid-19 patients into separate pods to ensure other inpatients aren't infected.

I think the logistics of doing that would rule it out, plus you open up the suggestion of putting people into 'death camps'.

Having spoken to a couple of people at Stoke hospital they are already putting covid-19 patients into separate pods to ensure other inpatients aren't infected.

If you've already got covid19 what difference does it make to have other covid19 patients near you?

Is there a risk of increased viral load?

If you've already got covid19 what difference does it make to have other covid19 patients near you?

I meant more the risk from Covid patients infecting those who don't have it - there's no other reason to bring all the covid patients into one central hospital.

I meant more the risk from Covid patients infecting those who don't have it - there's no other reason to bring all the covid patients into one central hospital.

Exactly, put them all in one place - job done!

The Venue at Hockley for Crunch on a Friday and Wobble on a Saturday and No Frills after each, The Q club for a few techno nights like Atomic Jam, but I was more into House than Techno, and there was a pub we used to go to after The Q , but I cant remember the name...

Had 2 internationally famous footballers turn up at Crunch one night and hardly anyone in there knew who they were lol

Ah the wonderful Q club. But I much preferred House of God at subway for it a intimacy!
A bit closer to home we had Screamers too

PS. Listening to the Happy Mondays - not listened to them for a while. Wrote for Luck is a underated classic.

Hmmmm Im not sure about that! Have you seen the video? Sean is off his nut jawing away on a couple of doves by the look of him.

Decent song, but they have much better. Kinky Afro, Step On, Holiday etc....

I think I've said before, the Mrs brother is a Doctor, he & his girlfriend who is also a Dr flew back from Australia to Ireland a couple weeks ago, have now finished quarantine and received their placements within Hospitals. In Ireland they shipped all the patients out of the regional Hospitals up to Dublin a while ago so that they could take all the Coronavirus patients in regionally, which is what your suggesting.

On a more sobering note, now he is able to see them, he has had to sit both of their parents down and inform them, that there is very little doubt he will catch Coronavirus at some point, he says it is so virulent there is almost next to no chance that whilst treating victims he won't contract it himself, the only questions left now are how badly and whether he will survive.

Ah the wonderful Q club. But I much preferred House of God at subway for it a intimacy!
A bit closer to home we had Screamers too

I never really enjoyed the Q, it was so huge that like you say there was no intimacy, which I liked about the Venue. That and the sprung dancefloor downstairs that meant as soon as you stepped on it your whole body just started bouncing up and down to the beat of the music. GOod times

There is a danger from viral load. That's from a testing company and researcher.

They think that's why NHS workers need PPE more than anything else.

Hmmmm Im not sure about that! Have you seen the video? Sean is off his nut jawing away on a couple of doves by the look of him.

Decent song, but they have much better. Kinky Afro, Step On, Holiday etc....

have you been to any of the #timstwitterlisteningparty on twitter?

The big question for me when this is all over is why the fuck should I stand on a packed train and lose three hours a day fecking commuting?

I'll be working from home a lot more

The big question for me when this is all over is why the fuck should I stand on a packed train and lose three hours a day fecking commuting?

I stopped going to the office for my current employer a year or so ago. There was no point, I still go and meet up with relevant colleagues once a month but that is enough usually.

If I’m honest I do miss the office every now and again.

Opposite for me, can't wait to get all this shite out of my dining room and get back to the office.

Back