• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The big question for me when this is all over is why the fuck should I stand on a packed train and lose three hours a day fecking commuting?

I'll be working from home a lot more

I started working from home in 2015. It only took a few days for me to realise I'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming back to an office (and accompanying commute).

I can do everything on my schedule, I don't get distracted by people around me, I get an extra hour in bed every day, I get an extra hour in the evening (which I've used for exercising, meaning I'm healthier than I've ever been), and I can - most importantly - put borders around my work so that life comes first in the whole work-life balance equation. If someone wants to talk to me, they've got to go via email or phone, and my availability through those is on my terms.

That said, I do get why some people find it hard. I've always been a headphones on, head down, block out the world kind of person, so offices (especially open plan) felt completely stupid to me in terms of encouraging productivity. (And it really helps having a job that only requires a screen, a keyboard, and an internet connection!) But if you're someone who works better bouncing off other people all the time - or even if your workplace is part of your social life - then I can imagine finding it all very isolating.

Not to mention if you've got kids...

What most people are doing at the moment isnt work from home. Kids, tension, stress are not usually a part of it

I'm so glad I don't have an office job,been there,done it,hated it,never went back,all those pointless meetings of people looking busy,winging it and spouting the buzzword bingo bollocks.
Ok I have to commute,do have to sit in traffic while I'm at work,not while I'm on my way to work,but I'm out in all weathers,watching the seasons change,and when the kids have got to school,I have a couple of hours where nobody bothers me until I fire the bus back up to fetch them

I’m struggling with the working from home this week - my team in Scotland need more attention, and it’s far more straightforward face to face

I’m struggling with the working from home this week - my team in Scotland need more attention, and it’s far more straightforward face to face

I find online meetings far more constructive. People tend to be more concise and less prone to going off subject and ramble etc

The big question for me when this is all over is why the fuck should I stand on a packed train and lose three hours a day fecking commuting?

I'll be working from home a lot more

My mate works for the NHS and he has been sayiing for years of the utter disgusting waste of money they piss away on meetings that could be done remotely.

3 times in one month they all 1st classed it at peak time to London for a 1 hour meeting which basically went through what was already decided on paper beforehand.

He questioned and was basically told to pipedown and a budget was set that they would make sure was going to be used..... perhaps this can sort that wasteage out.

i see hs2 as still been at full tilt while weve all been at home though.

I find online meetings far more constructive. People tend to be more concise and less prone to going off subject and ramble etc

So let me get this right, when your online for work you're not rambling, what did we do wrong..............................:) :) :)

WWE wrestling will resume in Florida as De Santis has decreed it essential. He really is a cretin.

Isn't part of that field of entertainment built around using the audience?

they did one without an audience a few weeks ago, i saw a clip, it looked ridiculous without an audience, as if it wasnt already

As we are talking all things ridiculous, it’s nearly time for the daily Trump meltdown.

I presume the wrestlers will also remain 2 metres apart?

Challenging...

I see Trump had some Covid survivors up at the White House. Good media opportunity. Until Donald tells one of them to “stay away from me” in front of all the press. Christ.

have you been to any of the #timstwitterlisteningparty on twitter?

I saw a couple of them I was interested in listening to but never got round to doing any yet. he’s talked with another burgess about doing strange times though. suitable title too. nailed on attendance for that.

Back