• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

"There are 20 new coronavirus cases in New Zealand as Jacinda Ardern reveals all Government ministers and public sector chief executives will take a 20 per cent pay cut.

Ardern said the six-month, 20 per cent pay cuts would apply to all 25 Government ministers and to 34 Government department chief executives.

Ardern said it was about showing leadership and thanked the department heads for voluntarily accepting the salary sacrifice.
"I feel acutely the struggle many New Zealanders are facing and so too do the people I work with".

"While this cut in itself won't shift the Government's overall fiscal position, it is an acknowledgement that every person and organisation has a part to play as we unite to stamp out Covid-19 and save lives."

Ardern's leadership throughout has been exemplary IMO. I've seen an interesting piece outlining 7 nations whose infection and death rates are among the lowest in the world that are led by female premiers. Coincidence or decisive and different leadership from women?

Ardern's leadership throughout has been exemplary IMO. I've seen an interesting piece outlining 7 nations whose infection and death rates are among the lowest in the world that are led by female premiers. Coincidence or decisive and different leadership from women?
The thing I have seen from her, and also see with Sturgeon, is empathy and honesty - no sugarcoating or hyperbole, just the facts set out but with a backdrop of compassion.

Schools possibly opening again next week here in Germany - I guess because no-one ever catches any illnesses in schools :icon_confused: Denmark opening Junior schools with strict social distancing, because it's real easy telling 6 year old to stay 2m apart from their friends all day.

The thing I have seen from her, and also see with Sturgeon, is empathy and honesty - no sugarcoating or hyperbole, just the facts set out but with a backdrop of compassion.

And we had Theresa M...oh.

The comparison to Trump and Johnson is stark.

As much as I dislike Johnson and Trump, not all of the success for smaller less internationally connected countries is down to good management or female leaders.

As much as I dislike Johnson and Trump, not all of the success for smaller less internationally connected countries is down to good management or female leaders.

I don't think you quite comprehend what would happen if CV-19 got into an Iwi. I still consider Aotearoa to be whanau, even after not having lived there for almost 20 years. They have a different attitude to life, and lives. It's one of the only other countries I would ever consider moving to permanently.

I don't think you quite comprehend what would happen if CV-19 got into an Iwi. I still consider Aotearoa to be whanau, even after not having lived there for almost 20 years. They have a different attitude to life, and lives. It's one of the only other countries I would ever consider moving to permanently.

Good for you.

Have a big respect for Adern, she passed a a ban on the sale of all types of semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles following the Mosque shootings within two weeks.

Indeed.

I'd hardly call Germany small and less internationally connected, yet their numbers are proportionately massively better.

Ah, makes sense now. I stand corrected.

Which was ironically part of that software upgrade.

Theresa-May-strange-stance.jpg

Back