• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Exercise is advised to last for no more than an hour. But its an advisory.

Seems very much an advisory. I’ve been passed by bikers on the towpath today wearing rucksacks who are more than likely out for the day with their packed lunches on their back.

Seems very much an advisory. I’ve been passed by bikers on the towpath today wearing rucksacks who are more than likely out for the day with their packed lunches on their back.
A lot of the guidance is based on the principle that people aren't twats and don't look for loopholes. Unfortunately it's naive. You are supposed to go for one walk or bike ride of up to an hour a day or a 30 minute run within the vicinity of your home.

Beggars belief #3
2aa8e44c5ff66fc71bbe9c1233a1b5fb.jpg

At least he didn't mention surviving two World Wars and the Blitz

A lot of the guidance is based on the principle that people aren't twats and don't look for loopholes. Unfortunately it's naive. You are supposed to go for one walk or bike ride of up to an hour a day or a 30 minute run within the vicinity of your home.
There is absolutely nothing in the guidelines that stipulates how long your daily exercise should be.

f8c69d0aff6986cdf1c2562a96a3a322.jpg

I can't see how going for a 10 or 100 mile ride makes a difference

Take the dog out for an hour each day, and then been out for a couple of hours on the bike on a few occasions for a couple of hours. On my own for all those activities and avoiding people. Not sure how that would be a problem regardless of how long it was. The waking the dog round the housing estate is probably far worse than unlimited cycling out in the middle of nowhere.

I can't see how going for a 10 or 100 mile ride makes a difference
The further you go or longer you stay out surely increases your likelihood of encountering other people? More people you encounter the more chance you've got off becoming infected or picking it up yourself.

Obviously not an exact rule, a 5 minute walk in a built up area probably far worse from that point of view than an entire afternoon strolling round the wilderness. Generally speaking though, limiting people's travel distance is going to limit the spread of the disease.

Precisely my point. We don't actually live in a capitalist society, we live in an oligarchy.

Most people in the workforce are already dispensable to our corporate overlords. Why do you think the places of business that are still open are largely the ones where people are paid horrendously low wages?

I agree. If people are commoditised then market forces tend to value them as such. Hope something new emerges from all of this. Frightening times.

There is absolutely nothing in the guidelines that stipulates how long your daily exercise should be.

It was Gove on Marr. Common sense tells you whatever exercise you choose it shouldn't be taking hours like a 100k bike ride would, so the spirit of what they are saying is being broken even if that isn't the case in a legal definition.

Too much though is open to interpretation which has also lead to some of the ham fisted examples we've seen of policing like the Northants senior officer suggesting checking what it is in people's trolleys or the PC in Rotherham asking people to get off their front lawns.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/a...tints-to-30-minutes-amid-coronavirus-lockdown

The Traditionally right wing, and former employer of the PM, The Spectator helping to bust a myth.

We're Mythbusting Daddy.....Let's dispel the myth that coronavirus victims were all at death's door

"It seems clear from this high ratio that the majority of deaths can be regarded as due to COVID-19, not due to other conditions."

There’s life in the old dog yet” – let no-one be abandoned to Covid-19. COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group

"Overall, given the arguments already noted, we do not feel that this approach justifies the assertion that the majority of COVID-19 deaths are of people who would have died soon."

Last edited:
The Traditionally right wing, and former employer of the PM, The Spectator helping to bust a myth.

We're Mythbusting Daddy.....Let's dispel the myth that coronavirus victims were all at death's door

"It seems clear from this high ratio that the majority of deaths can be regarded as due to COVID-19, not due to other conditions."

There’s life in the old dog yet” – let no-one be abandoned to Covid-19. COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group

"Overall, given the arguments already noted, we do not feel that this approach justifies the assertion that the majority of COVID-19 deaths are of people who would have died soon."

Forgive me, but what does "living without daily assistance mean"? Is it essentially whether you're in a nursing home or not?

Pedant alert. That's not a 'guideline', it's a regulation.

Unlike the guidance and the statement by the Prime Minister on 24 March 2020 which states explicitly one form of exercise a day e.g. a walk, run or cycle, there is no limitation on the time, period, number of times or distance from home that an individual is allowed to exercise.

There might not be a limit, but it’s quite obvious that going on all day bike rides doesn’t really fit with the focus on staying home to save lives.

Lots of elderly people get help at home, including help getting up and dressed, providing meals and washing.

Forgive me, but what does "living without daily assistance mean"? Is it essentially whether you're in a nursing home or not?

Let's see, whose making sense and being trusted, believed and consulted around the world.

Some bloke off a Wolves message board, or the COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group? Tough one.

Instead of just responding on here take the time to go out, expand your sources of information and find out for yourself

He asked you a question. There was nothing confrontational about it at all.

I'm sure If he wanted to, he could have found out himself. The original information from Stuart McDonald wasn't exactly well received and caused me a lof grief.

Yesterday he was putting forward the view that it was OK for 200,000 people, mostly from this group to die, I don't think it's surprising if I'm a little defensive and don't view it simply as ' a question'

Let's see, whose making sense and being trusted, believed and consulted around the world.

Some bloke off a Wolves message board, or the COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group? Tough one.

Instead of just responding on here take the time to go out, expand your sources of information and find out for yourself

Do you want your toys back?

It was just a question

I'm sure If he wanted to, he could have found out himself. The original information from Stuart McDonald wasn't exactly well received and caused me a lof grief.

Yesterday he was putting forward the view that it was OK for 200,000 people, mostly from this group to die, I don't think it's surprising if I'm a little defensive and don't view it simply as ' a question'

I never once said I thought 200,000 dying was ok, I said I thought that was the most likely thing to happen

You failed to grasp that yesterday and are still failing today

Welcome to my first ignore

Back