• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Carl Ikeme

I'm already registered and on the list,gave my swab test at a damned gig in Wolverhampton last year

They came to my work and I did the swap and forgot all about it. The news today jogged my memory

I am absolutely uplifted by the support and respect being shown by fans of all football teams as well as Wolves, for Carl in his time of need.

It makes me proud of the real fans who have expressed their sympathy.

I followed Geoff Thomas during his illness, it's one hell of a battle ahead but it can be beaten. Geoff was playing Sunday league football at one point and when he went into remission did the tour de France, unbelievable strength. Kemes is a strong young man I really hope he can beat this. Really gutted tonight all the good stuff of the last few days feels totally irrelevant now.

We are with you Carl all the way.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Saw this on the news a few moments ago. Jesus. Absolutely speechless.

Truly horrible news.

Good luck Carl, the whole Wolves and football family is right behind you.

Even the media here has run the story.

I guess I didn't expect this was such an uncommon thing? Maybe I'm just desensitized.

Regardless of all of that, I can only echo the sentiments already expressed here. We're all with you, Carl.

WTF, thoughts are with you Carl..

All,

I haven't posted for a long time, but I continue to follow the forum.
I just wanted to reiterate what others have already written.
This news about Carl is obviously very sad, but hopefully has been identified at an early enough stage for him to beat this horrible illness.
As fans, we've all been very excited about the recent developments at the club, but in the grand scheme of things, this just reminds us how relatively trivial and unimportant the business of football and multi million euro transfer player transactions are.
Get well soon Carl, we are Wolves and we're all rooting for you.

Awful, wishing Carl a fully and speedy recovery. I know from my own experiences of family members battling this kind of thing that, if it has been identified early enough, it can be beaten. Still, not the nicest thing to go through.

Stay strong, Ikeme.

Dreadful news. Whatever we may or may not think of his qualities of a goalkeeper mean nothing compared to this. At least it has been diagnosed quickly. Hopefully that early diagnosis will give him a fighting chance of making a full recovery. Be strong and keep fighting Carl.

Awful news. Hopefully Carl can make a full recovery. Puts football and life in perspective.

Fingers crossed for Carl, very sad news but I feel like he will beat this and even come back to play football. All the best.

Just gutted, totally gutted. When I heard there was an announcement last evening I had no idea it wouldn't be transfer related, but instead would reveal such shocking news. My thoughts and prayers are with you Carl, you will beat this.

Was out till late yesterday & only just seen this news when I logged in now - really saddening news. Hopefully found early enough to give him a real chance & as there are different versions of this, some more responsive to treatment than others, one of those that will.

Stand up strong big man

Saddened to hear the news about Carl. All I would like to say is a colleague of mine was diagnosed with the same twenty years ago. As with Carl, they caught it early and managed to beat it and he's still here to tell the tale. let's hope the same story unfolds here.

All the best, big guy.

4th from left at the front? Nice gesture from his buddies

Back