• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Carl Ikeme

Shocking news. He must be devastated to say the least.

As excited as most of us are for this season news like this just goes to show that in the end if you think about football doesn't really matter that much. Hope that because it's been picked up in pre-season blood tests that they have caught it early and he can make a swift and full recovery. He seems a popular member of the squad and i'm sure he will have the full support of them and the club.

Upsetting news. All my positivity & thoughts go out to Carl & his family. Stay strong and you will beat this, especially if it's been caught early - which from the limited information available, it sounds like it has.

Just puts everything in to perspective.

Terribly sad news that puts football into perspective. I wish him all the best and hope he makes a full recovery.

Terrible news, shocked when I just saw it on SSN.

Thoughts with Carl and his family and friends, get well soon.

That is just the most horrible news. Let's hope for a speedy recovery and all our good wishes go to him and his family.

Can we not send him something from us all? Just so he knows he is in our thoughts?

Like many am really shocked and sad to read this, best of luck to him in the journey through this, as a person Carl always comes across as one of the greats and is someone I hoped could potentially be with us for years to come despite our ambitions. Just thinking out loud here but is there something we could do as a forum to show our support? Thinking of a go-fund-me donation to a charity of his choosing or something like that (or a much better idea that someone else hopefully has).

Like many am really shocked and sad to read this, best of luck to him in the journey through this, as a person Carl always comes across as one of the greats and is someone I hoped could potentially be with us for years to come despite our ambitions. Just thinking out loud here but is there something we could do as a forum to show our support? Thinking of a go-fund-me donation to a charity of his choosing or something like that (or a much better idea that someone else hopefully has).

I'm gonna keep banging on about this but registering with these good people is probably the best thing you can. Not only for Carl but other people with this condition https://www.dkms.org.uk/en

Sad news. What a shock. Let's hope he can make a full recovery

Terrible news for Carl. As others have said, he is surrounded by professionals so he will surely get the best treatment and hopefully he can beat it.

Awful news, but wishing one of our own a speedy recovery from all us Wolfs xxx

Sad news, but I'm sure he'll make a quick recovery :)

Very sad, wish him all the best in fighting it and making a full recovery

For the Yanks on the board, our equivalent is BeTheMatch.org. It's the least any of us can do.

Back