• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Carl Ikeme

Fuck. I'm almost tearing up. I've always liked Carl and seeing the outpouring of support here is brilliant.

Imagine we'll wear an armband or similar this season honoring him?

Fuck. I'm almost tearing up. I've always liked Carl and seeing the outpouring of support here is brilliant.

Imagine we'll wear an armband or similar this season honoring him?

Talk of a banner and a tifo display vs Boro. I'm sure there will be a number of fundraisers as well over the course of the season.

I've never been Ikeme's biggest fan but seeing all the tributes flood in on twitter is very moving. Ter Stegen wrote a very nice message this morning, I'll see if I can find it.

Really sad news. Just hope he has a quick and successful recovery.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Athletic Bilbao squad have all shaved their heads in support for their teammate Yeray who is currently undergoing cancer treatment.

I remember Bryan Gunn doing it for his young daughter whilst she had chemotherapy, that made me fill up as well !!

Some of the messages from other goal keepers are great - I've seen iker, ter (above), De Gea, Cech and loads of others.

Fuck, this is awful. Best of luck big man

Some of the messages from other goal keepers are great - I've seen iker, ter (above), De Gea, Cech and loads of others.

Also seen them from Zenga, Lopetegui and Ray Clemence

There is a charity out there aiming to combat blood cancers. It's worth registering with them as you could save someone's life https://www.dkms.org.uk/en

My wife is registered and I've been meaning to sign up ever since I became too old to be on the Anthony Nolan register any longer. This has given me the kick up the backside to actually get round to doing it.

He's still smiling

be076d43ee7416214112d4b8ef71e4e1.png

Great to see him smiling, massive challenge ahead for him. Hopefully everyone smothers him in love to help that process.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

"start of a new chapter" implies he won't play football again. Understandable decision.

Think that's a bit 2+2=1,000,000

I don't think so. 2+2=5 at worst.

Pretty sure the new chapter is fighting and hopefully recovering from leukaemia.

Start of a new chapter clearly means 'my fight against cancer'.

Maybe it's a colloquial gap, but IMV starting a new chapter has always entailed ending an old one.

Regardless, it was meant more as an offhand comment than anything, I'm much more concerned about his health than anything else.

Back