• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 3-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

GON Groundhog Day.

Slow reactive subs again. We lost control of the middle of the park after the opposition make their subs for the second game in a row, and again we concede quickly after. Frustrating to keep seeing it and the manager needs to react more quickly to the opponents changes.

Once again we were punished for not scoring more than one goal when we were completely dominant in the first half. And once again the wrong player brought off in CM. Lemina may be captain but he can't do that role for 90 mins. He switches off too much in the second half.

Once we concede one goal we go to absolute pieces. We suddenly can't string passes together, make tackles, mark players or defend crosses. It's a very worrying sign when it keeps getting repeated. Confidence seems shot when things start going against us. Another bad sign.

We're unlikely to get any points from the next two games either. It'll be interesting to see if he gets the dreaded vote of confidence or if they try and ride the storm out for a few games.

Last edited:
More chance of a clean sheet in The Young Ones’ house. We’re going down.

Dunno what to say.

He simply must be sacked now. There’s no semblance of competency with any sort of reliability. And when we stretch ourselves even the slightest bit, we go to pieces. Also, his game management is beyond diabolical at this point. Emery had sussed our “two passes and break” approach within five minutes of the second half, and we never changed anything.

I feel for the players who will get acres of slag they don’t deserve IMO.

Looked at the score at half time and usually I’d be excited a few years back, now I just shrug my shoulders because I know it won’t be enough.
Listening to reports it just sounds a copy and paste from last week.
Sorry regardless of opponent conceding 14 goals in 5 games is just abysmal, Sheff Utd/ Derby levels of shitness.
Weak as piss mentally too, if anyone seriously thinks we can keep doing this until November and then just turn on the confidence taps is deluding themselves.
Tough fixtures shouldn’t translate to 1 point in 5 games.
We’re just so easy to play through and have zero resilience.

First half was good we restricted them well, can't remember Johnstone making a save.

Second half we couldn't string 2 passes together. Villa did improve a fair bit which was to be expected but we didn't offer a thing so it made it ten times easier for them.

Mosquera is going to be out for a considerable length with that injury which means Bueno and Dawson, it could be one of the slowest CB partnerships in Premier League history.

I'm still not sure whether we will go down or not as there are some shit teams in our tiny mini league but at the moment we can only play well for parts of games.

Amazing that the team with an actual football manager with the ability to respond and make informed tactical decisions won, isn’t it?

Hobbs is hopefully on the phone to Moyes right now.

Without getting in to the predictable capitulation that is now becoming a weekly thing, we also lost Mosquera for what looks like ages - and chose not to sign a replacement for Kilman. So we’ve got two from Santi, mid-30’s Dawson & Toti to fill in for the next however long. And we’re unable to rest RAN who looked fucked after 50 minutes today, as we don’t have a viable back up there either.

We’re a complete clown show. Don’t be sad though, mates. Up the Wolve.

You know, I've made my peace with it. Because I know even at 1-0 up and playing well after an hour, there's no chance we can shut a game out. But fundamentally, the only way Jeff Shi is getting sacked is if we go down. Until he gets sacked, we aren't going to be a sensible club, or a serious club, or a nice club.

There was plenty there to like for a while. And yet at no point did I ever think we would win.

We're bottom of the league (deservedly), we can't defend, we have gaping holes everywhere, we're ill-disciplined as a side, we're remarkably naive and we can't win games.

Thanks Jeff, thanks a lot pal.

Back