• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 3-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

It's not just the on-field stuff, Gaz has backed himself into a corner with Lemina.

Named him captain and then doesn't really have a proper position for him. You can't drop him without humiliating him, and I don't think he's got the spine to substitute him during games either so even when he was out on his feet towards the end there's no respite.

It's not just the on-field stuff, Gaz has backed himself into a corner with Lemina.

Named him captain and then doesn't really have a proper position for him. You can't drop him without humiliating him, and I don't think he's got the spine to substitute him during games either so even when he was out on his feet towards the end there's no respite.
This is my issue. Play a 433 and you do. Play 4231 and you don't. Such poor management to not back your system or your players. He's in no man's land

This is why you should name the captain after the XI is selected, not before the season starts.

More bullshit excuses! How about making effective substitutions instead of wasting the first two, bringing on players who were never going to effect the game when we were getting completely dominated in the middle of the park.

How about we try keeping the fucking ball Gary, because somehow I think that might help.

I don't enjoy harking back to Nuno all the time because he's long gone and we can debate forever what happened there. What I do know is we win at least one of the previous two games 1-0 if he's in charge and probably both.

I'm done, we can't carry on making such basic errors, being so easy to play against and having zero control over a game and zero confidence in our ability to hold onto a lead.

We're going to get relegated unless something drastic happens. If O'Neil is sacked, I have absolutely no confidence in the club making a decent appointment. If he doesn't get sacked, I can't see how we stop the rot. This isn't a recent bad spell, and blind faith isn't going to get us anywhere.

Maybe I'm clueless, but I can't help thinking the players we have would be better suited to a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1. Maybe that's just me.
I don't even know what our shape is at the moment. Bellegarde (who has actually had two decent games in a row) pops up everywhere, randomly switching from side to side. Lemina in wide areas. Cunha playing wherever he wants. Joao Gomes both sitting in front of the back four and pressing high as if he's Thomas Müller.

It's a mess.

The only way I can see is picking up points is if we get the lucky breaks in a chaotic kind of game like we had at Forest where either team could have won.

We're utterly incapable of controlling a game.

That's not sustainable and it's not going to keep us up.

I'm done, we can't carry on making such basic errors, being so easy to play against and having zero control over a game and zero confidence in our ability to hold onto a lead.

We're going to get relegated unless something drastic happens. If O'Neil is sacked, I have absolutely no confidence in the club making a decent appointment. If he doesn't get sacked, I can't see how we stop the rot. This isn't a recent bad spell, and blind faith isn't going to get us anywhere.
Blah blah... been here before. Bottom at Christmas. Survived.

5 games in. A long way to go yet.

First half we were generally good today. We just didn't make our dominance tell... usual story.

GON isn't getting sacked. At least not yet. We move on.

I don't even know what our shape is at the moment. Bellegarde (who has actually had two decent games in a row) pops up everywhere, randomly switching from side to side. Lemina in wide areas. Cunha playing wherever he wants. Joao Gomes both sitting in front of the back four and pressing high as if he's Thomas Müller.

It's a mess.
It is.
Lemina was the man furthest forward several times when they had the ball, leaving a huge gap behind him. Weird.

It's a mess.
It is a mess but we have created chances today and squandered a lot of them with the cross ball into the box. That, at least is something of a positive. Defensively we are a complete mess but it was better first half today. Andre was a lot to do with that.

The balance of the side is simply weird for me with Bellegarde on one side and Lemina, of all people, on another. Just doesn't make sense but, we did control that first half for the most part.

First half we were generally good today. We just didn't make our dominance tell... usual story.

You post some utter tripe but this will take some beating.

What a joke. We survived because we got Lopetegui in and we’re not getting anyone of that calibre this time. Farcical post.

Back