• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 3-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Another disappointing day in the life of a Wolves fan. First half we proved we can compete over 45 mins but we simply can't do it over 90 to 100 mins. We don't have the depth in our squad to do it. Again, we showed we have some good players but far too many histrionics from some rather than getting on with the job.

Should have had at least two and possibly three goals in the first half and then the game is easier to manage. Of course, we eventually ran out of huff and puff and Villa made the most of it.

Spoke volumes about where each club is currently. Wasn't that long ago we were destroying them and outclassing them. Not going tp pick on individual players. They try but they make mistakes and we get punished. As for GON, he'll get loads of stick again but the options he and Fosun have left us with, means we are always going to have an uphill battle.

Another disappointing day in the life of a Wolves fan. First half we proved we can compete over 45 mins but we simply can't do it over 90 to 100 mins. We don't have the depth in our squad to do it. Again, we showed we have some good players but far too many histrionics from some rather than getting on with the job.

Should have had at least two and possibly three goals in the first half and then the game is easier to manage. Of course, we eventually ran out of huff and puff and Villa made the most of it.

Spoke volumes about where each club is currently. Wasn't that long ago we were destroying them and outclassing them. Not going tp pick on individual players. They try but they make mistakes and we get punished. As for GON, he'll get loads of stick again but the options he and Fosun have left us with, means we are always going to have an uphill battle.
He’ll get loads of stick because he’s a terrible manager and a good one would not have us in the same position with exactly the same options, flawed as they are.

Said last week that it's the teams that take no unexpected points that put themselves in trouble. It's too difficult to now be looking at Brentford, Palace, Southampton and being "we need 9points" from that run as fixtures playing like we are, as the history of the league shows that's not how it works for the sides outside the top 6 with form.

Really damning for O'Neil that Tim Sherwood was on the coverage of this on Soccer Saturday and said "Villa have equalised but will go on to win now for sure."

I've got an awful lot of time for him but I'm done. I don't mind losing at Villa - it's the way we lost that's the issue. The required changes were fairly obvious but he waits too long to make them - if he makes them at all. The changes might not have worked but at least he would've responded to something.

Moyes would do for now.

I don't want Moyes, he'd do what he did at Sunderland.

You won't solve the problem until you get someone in charge who even vaguely understands how to run a club without Jorge Mendes handing him favours.
That’s just not going to happen with our current owners. Moyes is literally the best we can hope for.

There has to be something more creative or interesting out there than Moyes. I don't have any confidence in finding them though.
Could well be but he's gettable and he'd keep us up. Dunno how beautiful it would be but I can't imagine too many of care about that right now.

Said last week that it's the teams that take no unexpected points that put themselves in trouble. It's too difficult to now be looking at Brentford, Palace, Southampton and being "we need 9points" from that run as fixtures playing like we are, as the history of the league shows that's not how it works for the sides outside the top 6 with form.

Really damning for O'Neil that Tim Sherwood was on the coverage of this on Soccer Saturday and said "Villa have equalised but will go on to win now for sure."
Sherwood is no Wolves fan. Twat that he is.

Could well be but he's gettable and he'd keep us up. Dunno how beautiful it would be but I can't imagine too many of care about that right now.
Would he? He'd put a leash on our creative players and have we got defenders who can shithouse/ close a game down in the way he likes? In a direct GON v Moyes comparison, I'd take him, but our defensive personell doesn't lend itself to someone coming in and keeping it tight.

Would he? He'd put a leash on our creative players and have we got defenders who can shithouse/ close a game down in the way he likes? In a direct GON v Moyes comparison, I'd take him, but our defensive personell doesn't lend itself to someone coming in and keeping it tight.
There are better managers than Moyes out there.

Hobbs has so far tried to recruit Beale and did recruit GoN so I wouldn't be trusting him to hire anybody.

I'm hopeful Jorge sees this as an opportunity to put somebody decent in and take control of the club for 12 months and Shi will let him because he's a cunt.

It's not about his Villa bias or dislike of Wolves. It's that despite his apparent failings as a manager, he could absolutely see what was coming and how Wolves hadn't responded.

Sherwoods win percentage is well above O'Neill's mind.
Anyone could. As soon as they scored the equaliser they'd won the game

Fucking goddam awful
Hate Villa and we get schooled 2nd half thats down to management

Back