• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest one I've heard is that it's with the FA for sign off and the club is hoping to confirm everything by the end of the week. Not sure how we can cope with another 2-3 days of waiting if true!

Everything crossed

Thanks for the info Sam.

No problem. I wouldn't have posted it unless I was certain it was concrete - I know how misinformation is treated! :)

Sadly I wasn't given any sort of timeframe on announcement and so forth though. I can't imagine the club will ignore the speculation much longer though.

From the limited knowledge you have Sam do you know if it is the same consortium as the Milan one?

I have a meeting until about 4. Could they hold fire until then.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

From the limited knowledge you have Sam do you know if it is the same consortium as the Milan one?

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same consortium man-for-man, but Li is fronting it apparently.

i'm getting a dead finger with all this page refreshing ! can i claim from TWF or WWFC ?

So Robin Li is the reason for the Communist Party running China?

Where on earth did I say that? I said Robin Li has largely made his fortune by developing a search engine (Baidu) that heavily censors its results at the bequest of the ruling Communist party. Any dissent in China is vigorously repressed and control of information is but one tool of the governments oppression.

I remember seeing Leicester kit at Bangkok airport three years ago, and thinking how naff it was. Not now !

Hopefully, the same will happen at the Shanghai International airport with the Wolves.

Where on earth did I say that? I said Robin Li has largely made his fortune by developing a search engine (Baidu) that heavily censors its results at the bequest of the ruling Communist party. Any dissent in China is vigorously repressed and control of information is but one tool of the governments oppression.

So your story is: Business creates software for customer, and it works how the customer wants.

If he applies himself like that to Wolves we should be all good.

In other words, he conducts his business within the laws of his country. I don't think you can really call him out for that, any more than you could criticize Morgan for perpetuating the capitalist system that has made the houses he builds unaffordable to those trying to get on the property ladder. The people of China would be oppressed with or without Baidu. At least they can now look up what they're allowed to.

Simple fact is that anyone who is worth $14bn is going to come with some baggage. And of course any business that succeeds like Baidu in China is going to do it with the tacit approval of the CP. But give me Robin Li over Russian oligarchs who are hand in glove with Putin. And the days of the local businessman owning a club are long gone: if we want to be back in the Premiership, then we need a billionaire. Now what's taking that bugger Messi so long to sign...

Anyone else constantly refreshing this page, and the Official site ?

Anyone else constantly refreshing this page, and the Official site ?

I'd guess you are the only person refreshing the official site. I think there are a lot of people refreshing forums, twitter, facebook, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back