• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right I have jinxed this whole show by renewing my AST..... Sorry folks but we are really being taken over by the owner of Whiskas..

They'll be nothing happening today, probably be next week knowing how long these things can take...

Just remembered another fond wolves memory, the first night the video wall was turned on 3-0 at home to blues in the snow and neil masters nearly breaking the cross bar.

Good times

Just remembered another fond wolves memory, the first night the video wall was turned on 3-0 at home to blues in the snow and neil masters nearly breaking the cross bar.

Good times

Another in a long line of what happened next that we can all remember, being in reality they were shit. Darren Simkin still tells his kids that he hit the bar from 35 yards at Luton..

I am starting to go cold on this and will be dipping away from the site and the news for a bit, the idea that the news of a takeover might take another week is starting to dishearten me. So far all the take over has done is make we forget how dreadful last season was in terms of performance and transfer windows, currently this is a worse transfer window. I appreciate they might not be making signings whilst it's happening but surely they are going to trundle on like we are in a transfer embargo for another 2 weeks before trying to make signings with 2 weeks until the season? If you were taking over a company then wouldn't you have begun to install people in place to make sure that on announcement you are all ready strategically in charge?

I appreciate the futility of posting a question whilst saying I won't be back but happy to read the responses sometime later in the week, hopefully followed by pages of quotes on this messages pointing out how wrong I was!

If you are taking over a company you have people ready to go on day 1. I would think the signings will be made when the takeover is complete and I would expect them to already have been made subject to this transaction.

In fairness, you don't know if we have deals lined up ready to go when the takeover goes through. There's absolutely no way we can commit to buying players for a significant outlay until it's formally done, and there's no point signing freebie/cheap dross that in all likelihood will be useless and just rotting away in the reserves when we have plenty of money to spend.

I imagine it'll be like dominoes once the deal goes through.

In fairness, you don't know if we have deals lined up ready to go when the takeover goes through. There's absolutely no way we can commit to buying players for a significant outlay until it's formally done, and there's no point signing freebie/cheap dross that in all likelihood will be useless and just rotting away in the reserves when we have plenty of money to spend.

This is true. I don't agree with your second sentence as there would already have been agents lined up if they knew this was going to happen and their clients would have had a deal put to them about joining if the takeover goes through. I would think (and it is a guess) that is the reason for these super agents being involved in the news links.

It isn't an unreasonable suggestion for a person to commit to buying players from agents before their takeover is complete. It is also not unreasonable for an agent to say 'on yer bike' unless you can personally guarantee such a takeover is imminent. Either way I would expect players to arrive within days of the takeover being announced which shouldn't really cause alarm to the new manager.

They'll be nothing happening today, probably be next week knowing how long these things can take...

giphy.gif

This is true. I don't agree with your second sentence as there would already have been agents lined up if they knew this was going to happen and their clients would have had a deal put to them about joining if the takeover goes through. I would think (and it is a guess) that is the reason for these super agents being involved in the news links.

It isn't an unreasonable suggestion for a person to commit to buying players from agents before their takeover is complete. It is also not unreasonable for an agent to say 'on yer bike' unless you can personally guarantee such a takeover is imminent. Either way I would expect players to arrive within days of the takeover being announced which shouldn't really cause alarm to the new manager.

Sorry, that's what I was suggesting in a roundabout way. We probably do have multiple players lined up and as good as signed up, but it's completely unrealistic to think those deals might go through BEFORE everything's formalised.

To go back to the buying a house analogy - you might well have bought new furniture for your new pad, but the home seller would never let you move it all in before the final exchange of keys and deeds, even if it means you have to pay for a storage room somewhere in the meantime.

Sorry, that's what I was suggesting in a roundabout way. We probably do have multiple players lined up and as good as signed up, but it's completely unrealistic to think those deals might go through BEFORE everything's formalised.

Ah, crossed wires, I think we are in total agreement, barmy to think anything would go through before the takeover and the fact we haven't signed anybody yet I think is a positive sign the takeover will happen shortly. I still think it could be Monday but we live in hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back