• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - he is a Vice President.

Actually all that shows accurately is what a totally ceremonial role people like Bull and Plant have. Not involved in any other way.

Well - he is a Vice President.

Actually all that shows accurately is what a totally ceremonial role people like Bull and Plant have. Not involved in any other way.

But I thought God was omnipresent?

And as that particular poster says he is staff. Staff will be the last to know which is what makes me think that all these ITK types on the inside of the club know nowt (unless they're in the legal dept or privvy to the board meeting).

Sam on the other hand seems to have good info.

Trust me, there are some very loose lipped people at the club, especially after a drink or two and that includes at board level.

I believe Moxey's daughter has been giving out info too.

Does anybody else find it slightly surprising that after our club went through the Bhattis and seeing what's happened/happening at foreign owned clubs like Blackburn and Birmingham that many are so keen to gamble with our future by rushing through due diligence and just "gerrim in"?

This has been on my mind too. Whilst it's exciting to be on the cusp of a possible takeover by a Billionaire, I would much prefer the club to take their time in the due diligence process and ensure certain conditions like SJH gave when Morgan bought us.

I keep thinking of Carsen Yeung and that nutter who bought Cardiff and changed their colours to red....

It's great to have a potential buyer who's willing to invest but at what cost to the club and the legacy? Will Molineux become Baidu.com Arena? Will pre-season tours revolve around Asia?
Will we change the kit to all gold as Black is unlucky in Chinese?

None of these situations are out of the question when you look at whats happened at other clubs with Chinese owners.

Trust me, there are some very loose lipped people at the club, especially after a drink or two and that includes at board level.

I believe Moxey's daughter has been giving out info too.

I bet Moxey's happy about that!

If they were that loose lipped I would have expected the news about the takeover to some out before it was in the Spanish press. I saw you put the picture up of that tweet from the fan who had a chat with John Gough at South Staffs. Anything in that? Or just a nothing statement.

Redrow homes have renewed their partnership deal...

I bet Moxey's happy about that!

If they were that loose lipped I would have expected the news about the takeover to some out before it was in the Spanish press. I saw you put the picture up of that tweet from the fan who had a chat with John Gough at South Staffs. Anything in that? Or just a nothing statement.

Not sure to be honest.

This has been on my mind too. Whilst it's exciting to be on the cusp of a possible takeover by a Billionaire, I would much prefer the club to take their time in the due diligence process and ensure certain conditions like SJH gave when Morgan bought us.

I keep thinking of Carsen Yeung and that nutter who bought Cardiff and changed their colours to red....

It's great to have a potential buyer who's willing to invest but at what cost to the club and the legacy? Will Molineux become Baidu.com Arena? Will pre-season tours revolve around Asia?
Will we change the kit to all gold as Black is unlucky in Chinese?

None of these situations are out of the question when you look at whats happened at other clubs with Chinese owners.

As has been pointed out before, do you think Manchester City would trade all of their recent success to get their black/red kit and original stadium back?

The kit, the name of the stadium, are immaterial. As with all sport, if you win, all will be forgiven.

To be clear, I know the change to sky blue preceded Sheikh Mansour.

City have worn blue for about 125 years!

Just imagine if they'd called a press conference and then announced the Redrow sponsorship.

City have worn blue for about 125 years!

Post edited. Didn't realize it preceded Mansour by that much, however.

As we've been over before, though, I just don't feel a connection to the club because of its name, badge, colors, w/e. The identity of a club is much deeper than any of that, IMO.

Wolves are bastards for changing from those red and white stripes.

Was gonna post similar (though thought it was black and red?)
Anyway, we may as well revert to being called St Lukes...

Just imagine if they'd called a press conference and then announced the Redrow sponsorship.

:icon_lol:
This morning I read some of the pant wetting that is occurring. I had the urge to post the video for Lets face the music... for the first line (There may be trouble ahead...). I didn't, as I thought it distinctly possible it would lead to some OMG/WTF style postings.

The stadium's a bit of a red herring with City too, they needed to move from Maine Road as there was no way it could ever be expanded any further and it had become a weird mismatch of stands. Horrible to get to as well if you didn't know where you were going. A shame to have to move base, but often venues that were built in the early 20th century just became unworkable as the areas around them evolved. Then the name change was hardly a big deal, not like they were going to have much emotional investment in "The City of Manchester Stadium".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back