• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a shame though. I used to like a trip to Maine Road. Great old stadium, and delightful teenagers nearby offering a charge of a fiver to "look after your car".

The stadium's a bit of a red herring with City too, they needed to move from Maine Road as there was no way it could ever be expanded any further and it had become a weird mismatch of stands. Horrible to get to as well if you didn't know where you were going.

It was horrible to get to when you DID know where you were going.

As has been pointed out before, do you think Manchester City would trade all of their recent success to get their black/red kit and original stadium back?

The kit, the name of the stadium, are immaterial. As with all sport, if you win, all will be forgiven.

To be clear, I know the change to sky blue preceded Sheikh Mansour.

There is a quite a high number of their old fans that would prefer to go back to how they were, but to be fair as they were should be about Everton.

They have a new set of fans that winning is everything and not winning the league is a disastrous season.

To clarify, I wouldn't give a toss if our ground got renamed to the Baidu Arena or whatever. I wouldn't be calling it that and nor would anyone else bar on intros to highlights on TV where they're legally obliged to do so.

To clarify, I wouldn't give a toss if our ground got renamed to the Baidu Arena or whatever. I wouldn't be calling it that and nor would anyone else bar on intros to highlights on TV where they're legally obliged to do so.

Spot on.

Ha but wait till the the meltdown when as part of the deal the ground is called The Redrow Molineux Stadium

Lost in the recent pant-wetting of the past 2 days of no announcements are the fact that still no one has denied any claims from any of the interested parties. Game very much on, in my opinion.

Just caught up with this thread.... Well almost.

So is there a bid ? Is it serious? Who is it from? And where is the proof? Or should I just go back to swimming and cypro?

Lost in the recent pant-wetting of the past 2 days of no announcements are the fact that still no one has denied any claims from any of the interested parties. Game very much on, in my opinion.

Most likely. Li and Moxey (and their representatives) probably have thousands of little requirements to the deal.

Just spoke to a Chinese friend who works for a huge telecommunications company, in China. He says there is no news about Robert Li buying Wolverhampton Wanderers on any Chinese internet pages.

I know it means nothing, but asked him out of curiosity.

Just spoke to a Chinese friend who works for a huge telecommunications company, in China. He says there is no news about Robert Li buying Wolverhampton Wanderers on any Chinese internet pages.

I know it means nothing, but asked him out of curiosity.

THE DEAL IS OFF!!!!

Assuming this to be happening, I am intrigued to know the motives behind the purchase. Given his level of apparent wealth, if he wanted a "football" project as such, Wolves seems a little low key. Yes I know - history etc but he could afford to buy other clubs outright and ones where he will find it much easier to attract bigger name players -even with the offer of silly wages - we will never be London or Alderley Edge, or even looking locally Villa which presumably he could have bought before Xia and paid off any debts much like paying off a slightly overspent credit card.

If Moxey really has got this pushed through as a last hurrah, it's the corporate version of getting shedloads of dosh for Camara off various clubs.

Anyway - it does feel really like we are on the brink of something totally different. Big breath - here goes.

If he buys AC Milan and Wolves. He has his big club for immediate push with AC who with investment would certainly fancy them to get Champion League football after one season and Wolves would be a longer term project but in the league that most people agree would bring bigger rewards and kudos if he cracks it.
maybe.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back