• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely missed the penalty. Can't remember the run up too clearly but he blasted it over I think

Evening all,

First time poster but long term spectator (on the basis that my work productivity would suffer!). Anyway, couldn't resist posting on this thread. As a 32 year old Wolves fan it is quite a luxury to have something of this scale to be excited about.

Anyway, I was most worried about today. After all of the weekend's hype the pessimistic Wolves fan in me expected a club statement today to say that this is all BS. However, the fact that there has been silence from the club today makes me think this is actually happening. It wouldn't be in the club's interest to allow this to rumble on for this long otherwise.

Given that the potential for serious foreign investment is not something that has troubled us before, it's difficult to know how excited we should be over this guy's supposed wealth. We have seen many clubs in recent years be taken over by rich investors leading their fans to think that they're the next Man City but has there been anything of this scale? Time will tell I suppose. I'm trying to keep myself grounded but it's proving difficult!

Gary Speed made his debut for Blades IIRC.

May have been his final game actually? Went off injured early on. The all encompassing doom of our 07/08 football vs Bryan Robson desperately trying to cling to his job. On New Year's Day too, which I maintain is a dreadful day for football.

Evening all,

First time poster but long term spectator (on the basis that my work productivity would suffer!). Anyway, couldn't resist posting on this thread. As a 32 year old Wolves fan it is quite a luxury to have something of this scale to be excited about.

Anyway, I was most worried about today. After all of the weekend's hype the pessimistic Wolves fan in me expected a club statement today to say that this is all BS. However, the fact that there has been silence from the club today makes me think this is actually happening. It wouldn't be in the club's interest to allow this to rumble on for this long otherwise.

Given that the potential for serious foreign investment is not something that has troubled us before, it's difficult to know how excited we should be over this guy's supposed wealth. We have seen many clubs in recent years be taken over by rich investors leading their fans to think that they're the next Man City but has there been anything of this scale? Time will tell I suppose. I'm trying to keep myself grounded but it's proving difficult!
Welcome aboard.

May have been his final game actually? Went off injured early on. The all encompassing doom of our 07/08 football vs Bryan Robson desperately trying to cling to his job. On New Year's Day too, which I maintain is a dreadful day for football.

I've been to quite a few 0-0 draws vs shitcunt clubs wearing read & white stripes. They all blend into one another.

I sat through every one of Dave Jones' games after relegation, and Hoddle's entire tenure.

I want my own box.

I've been to quite a few 0-0 draws vs shitcunt clubs wearing read & white stripes. They all blend into one another.
It's only my ability to differentiate between them which stops me from being obsolete in the age of everyone having the entire Internet in their pocket.

I've not posted for a while but have been an avid lurker for some time.

I just wanted to put my claim forward as being there when we were &*&*&* :-D

First game in 1989 was a 5-0 defect to Barnsley at home - I recall an own goal being scored by one of our centre halves who was under 0 pressure
Was away at Oxford when we lost 3-0 - Simon 'Mustard' Coleman being our defensive lynchpin....
Seeing us lose to Stoke seemingly every time in the mid 90s
Not *&^% but not going early vs Sheff Wed in THAT cup game
Leeds United away in the cup when Don Goodman scored
Hating Darren Ferguson unless he was nearing the end of his contract
Robbie Dennison turning into Denilson when he was also near the end of his contract
Seeing Neil Masters play
Seeing Tony Daley play
Thinking Brian Law was a pretty decent centre back

I'm sure i'll think of some more..

How will we all cope if the takeover turns out we become a major force....we are all united in our misery for Wolves.

How will we all cope if the takeover turns out we become a major force....we are all united in our misery for Wolves.
I've always said there's no point in supporting a good team. And felt comfortable I'd never have to perform a volte-face.

i was on a stag do with brian law once. at the end of the evening i told him not to take the bus home. fortunately i don't think he heard me properly.

He's a proper evangelical Christian now. Kudos for punching a Blues shot off the line in the cup then they missed the penalty. I didn't mind him and his 60s hair.

First game in 1989 was a 5-0 defect to Barnsley at home - I recall an own goal being scored by one of our centre halves who was under 0 pressure
Was away at Oxford when we lost 3-0 - Simon 'Mustard' Coleman being our defensive lynchpin....
Robbie Dennison turning into Denilson when he was also near the end of his contract
Seeing Neil Masters play
Seeing Tony Daley play

Seeing Tony Daley play is a decent shout - not many of us saw him on the pitch! Welcome aboard!

I will definitely claim the Chesterfield drowning as my membership application. The dye ran out of my jeans it was that wet.

Swindon away around Christmas time (Boxing Day?) was the wettest I've ever been at a game, I think. The day of the white pac a macs when we looked like the Klu Klux Klan in the open away end.

Losing at Halifax on a bitterly cold and very wet evening was a wonderful experience. How we didn't catch pneumonia has always surprised me.

Seeing Neil Masters play
Seeing Tony Daley play

The Barnsley debacle was in late 1990. That own goal was by Paul Stancliffe. Quite glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back