• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
£16K p/w for Powell. Not the sort of money we'd be throwing around under Moxey's self imposed transfer embargo.

That's a lot of money for someone who has done the square root of fuck all for 4 years irrespective of who your owner is.

Do you mean this news article? http://finance.sina.com.cn/roll/2016-07-11/doc-ifxtwiht3481325.shtml

Not sure I believe just that one source, run through Google Translate. Unclear whether it's referring to Lei being part of the same consortium as Li, buying AC Milan, or buying Wolves, or whether it's just one of the two buying Wolves themselves outside the consortium.

Can't rule it out though, of course. Any Mandarin speakers on here?

Translation of relevant paragraph

"More news from the world's best Italian. Italian media said a few days ago, the long-term football giants AC Milan owner, former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said that Chinese buyers promised to invest heavily to make the top European football club back to the top. Progress in foreign media present disclosure is that Berlusconi has accepted the offer, he asked several well-known Chinese buyers include several state-owned enterprises, including the commitment to pay at least 400 million euros over the next two years. Earlier there were reports that the new owner of AC Milan may be the Chinese technology company Baidu head of Robin Li, Chairman of the Board and CEO Ding Lei, Netease is expected to acquire the British crown Wolves."

Dinglei, must be perfect for us if true. :)

If I had to guess what'll happen now:

Tuesday: Takeover announced, press conference set for Wednesday, that gives two days to do all the media stuff (including giving Morgan, Moxey, Jackett their own time to say goodbye + present new owner and manager)
Wednesday: Press conference, with mention of imminent signings, budget for squad rebuild + four/five/whatever-year-plan to get Wolves into Europe (if they're spending what they seem to be)
Thursday: Announcement of Powell + possibly Cavaleiro too
Friday: Whole squad heads to Ireland, we all go from stressing about takeover rumours to stressing about dozens of new absurd transfer rumours

If I had to guess what'll happen now:

Tuesday: Takeover announced, press conference set for Wednesday, that gives two days to do all the media stuff (including giving Morgan, Moxey, Jackett their own time to say goodbye + present new owner and manager)
Wednesday: Press conference, with mention of imminent signings, budget for squad rebuild + four/five/whatever-year-plan to get Wolves into Europe (if they're spending what they seem to be)
Thursday: Announcement of Powell + possibly Cavaleiro too
Friday: Whole squad heads to Ireland, we all go from stressing about takeover rumours to stressing about dozens of new absurd transfer rumours

So that could still read as TWO Chinese Billionaires are buying Wolves.... so the question I need to ask is, how many Million pounds equals a Billion?

Translation of relevant paragraph

"More news from the world's best Italian. Italian media said a few days ago, the long-term football giants AC Milan owner, former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said that Chinese buyers promised to invest heavily to make the top European football club back to the top. Progress in foreign media present disclosure is that Berlusconi has accepted the offer, he asked several well-known Chinese buyers include several state-owned enterprises, including the commitment to pay at least 400 million euros over the next two years. Earlier there were reports that the new owner of AC Milan may be the Chinese technology company Baidu head of Robin Li, Chairman of the Board and CEO Ding Lei, Netease is expected to acquire the British crown Wolves."

Dinglei, must be perfect for us if true. :)

You couldnt make it up. Mister Li and Mister Dinglei ( anagram of I Dingle) and a company with a paw print logo. Its too good a match made in heaven 歡迎到伍爾弗漢普頓 Welcome to Wolverhampton....... waiting patiently for the announcements now with no fingernails left

Tim MkII is reporting that KJ doesn't even know if he'll be in charge for Cork next week.

So it's possibly the 7th richest man in China or the 10th richest man in China? Or both?

If only there was a guy called Mox Li involved too, that would round it off nicely.

That would be beautiful.

Picture going round of Moxey on the train to London this morning. I guess much can't be happening today, then...

He's on the FA board, isn't he? I assume it must be for that.

They wouldn't announce a press conference on the same day it's to be held, so doesn't really tell us anything.

So that could still read as TWO Chinese Billionaires are buying Wolves.... so the question I need to ask is, how many Million pounds equals a Billion?

A thousand million,and a million pounds in £20 notes is the height of a double decker bus,so he has 10,000 piles of £20 notes!

Arghh, it's getting too much. We need to get it done.

If it helps I'm at the DW stadium and there is no sky or press here.

They wouldn't announce a press conference on the same day it's to be held, so doesn't really tell us anything.

They could announce the deal is agreed today with a bit of blurb on the OS then call a press conference for tomorrow. (I think Villa did this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back