• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 4 - 3 Leeds | Verdict Thread

Cheers DW, I'll give that a watch, I'm more annoyed at sky than anything, why not put the games on catchup or repeat the game during the night? They have five channels for goodness sake.

Another minor gripe (I don't want it to seem like I'm just moaning after we've picked up a fourth straight win and hauled ourselves into the top six, but y'know...) - it nearly bit us on the arse today with our stupid bench overloaded with defenders that we're never going to use. McDonald could easily have had to go off injured after that kid with the afro nearly put a hole in his ankle (should have been a red card really). Had that been the case we'd have had to field a midfield two of Edwards and Price which just looks shit on paper. Evans should be on the bench to cover the eventuality of McDonald going off early, he is at least a like for like swap. We are never going to bring on three defenders in one game so don't put three of them on the bench.

Not sure what to think about that performance. We were fantastic going forward but our defence just fell apart. Price, Iorfa and Dicko were our best players I felt.

Isn't it oxymoronic to say Price was one of our best but our defense fell apart? Ditto for Iorfa.

Not saying it's wrong necessarily it's just struck me as strange that so many seem to agree that they were good but the defense was not.

Isn't it oxymoronic to say Price was one of our best but our defense fell apart? Ditto for Iorfa.

Not saying it's wrong necessarily it's just struck me as strange that so many seem to agree that they were good but the defense was not.

I suppose we should be saying Batth was very poor and Stearman was only slightly better!

Goldbourne was ok and Kmac was very poor.

The rest of the team played very well - they had to so that they could carry Batth, Stears and kmac!

McDonald is one of the best passers in the side but has a very annoying knack of making uncharacteristic misplaced passes and give away possession in the worst positions.

Some horrific errors for their goals took the gloss off what should have been a routine win but at least it was exciting! As long as we don't defend like that again then all that matters this morning is that we got 3 points and are sitting in the top 6.

Another minor gripe (I don't want it to seem like I'm just moaning after we've picked up a fourth straight win and hauled ourselves into the top six, but y'know...) - it nearly bit us on the arse today with our stupid bench overloaded with defenders that we're never going to use. McDonald could easily have had to go off injured after that kid with the afro nearly put a hole in his ankle (should have been a red card really). Had that been the case we'd have had to field a midfield two of Edwards and Price which just looks $#@! on paper. Evans should be on the bench to cover the eventuality of McDonald going off early, he is at least a like for like swap. We are never going to bring on three defenders in one game so don't put three of them on the bench.

I said the same in the build up thread, Doherty can cover both full back positions, EEL right back and centre half, Hause left back and centre half. On the pitch we have Iorfa who could switch to centre half and Stearman to right back, even Edwards has played full back if something biblical happened. We really don't need 3 versatile defenders on the bench when it means that Evans the only similar(ish) player to McDonald cannot get on it.

Amazing how contrasting opinions can be from the same game. Other than his brain fart for their first goal I thought K-Mac was fine. Leeds clearly had a plan to kick him up in the air and for the first 50 minutes or so, they got away with it. The tackle from their young lad making his debut would have been a straight red on another day. One point on K-Mac - when he did well to get clean through more or less one on one with their keeper at the start of the second half, I wish he'd just got his head down and pinged a shot in. He seems to lack that bit of pace over a short sprint which MIGHT create an issue IF we go up. He's got a good footballing brain and that often helps him out of sticky situations, but he does lack that cutting edge when powering forward. It's surprising that he hasn't scored all season - if someone deserves a goal, it's him. I wonder if that's something the trainers can help him with? No idea.

What a fantastic game and thank you Dangerous Dave

South Bank absolutely rocking, fantastic atmosphere

. Leeds clearly had a plan to kick him up in the air and for the first 50 minutes or so, they got away with it.

y. One point on K-Mac - when he did well to get clean through more or less one on one with their keeper at the start of the second half, I wish he'd just got his head down and pinged a shot in. He seems to lack that bit of pace over a short sprint which MIGHT create an issue IF we go up. He's got a good footballing brain and that often helps him out of sticky situations, but he does lack that cutting edge when powering forward. It's surprising that he hasn't scored all season - if someone deserves a goal, it's him. I wonder if that's something the trainers can help him with? No idea.

Lately pretty much everyteam has tried to kick him, and fair play to him he's managing much better than he did earlier in the season when teams cottoned on - stop MCDonald you stop us. He made some very poor decisions yesterday but he was still at the heart of our good play along with Sako. He's the most important player in this team at the moment I think

On the chance - he did the right thing I felt. Had he successfully cut across the defender (his touch was too wide and too heavy) the defender has to either let him go through or foul him. He should definitely be working on his finishing/shooting from range as it would give him another option when going forward.

If McDonald had more pace he would be now or in the future playing for a mid table Premier League team in my view. Although his touch was heavy it was his lack of this that really cost him that chance

In the first place - yeah. But you could see his thinking.

KJ talked about his mobility in an interview, and how they are trying to gradually improve that area of his game. I think he looks more mobile now than before to be fair

He definitely drives forward with the ball more and goes past players.

Amazing how contrasting opinions can be from the same game. Other than his brain fart for their first goal I thought K-Mac was fine. Leeds clearly had a plan to kick him up in the air and for the first 50 minutes or so, they got away with it. The tackle from their young lad making his debut would have been a straight red on another day.

My bro and another friend both texted during the game to ask who our big cm was as they both thought he was impressive and has clear quality as decided to watch the game seeing as it was on tele and was Wolves.

He wasn't awful (got loads of stick from the cunts around me in the South bank) there were just clear errors, mainly in the first half. He is a very impressive footballer, I'd love him to do well on the Premier League too

Price was excellent though, when MCDonald had a short spell at the start of the game of misplacing passes and looking a bit shocked Jack really upped his game. I love how quickly he moves the ball on (think he could be more adventurous sometimes) and he put some excellent tackles in too win us the ball back

And talking of differing opinions on football - a work colleague just told me that James Henry was an awful footballer!

Personally I thought Kmac was better than Price. He didn't do much wrong apart from his balls up at the start.

Personally I thought Kmac was better than Price. He didn't do much wrong apart from his balls up at the start.

They both played very well IMO. Becoming a big fan of Jack Price, I wasn't sold on him earlier in the season but he seems to be getting better and better every time I see him. He was outstanding vs Forest and a key player yesterday. Real unsung hero of this season.

On the whole we played well. The lapses were just appalling though, I expect better from these players.

Back