• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 4 - 3 Leeds | Verdict Thread

The most one sided and comfortable 4-3 you'll ever see, Leeds did nothing apart from the 2 goals we gifted them and the third we gave mowatt the ball (great strike though). We played pretty well overall, thing is I think because Leeds were poor and it was very easy that's why the mistakes at 3-1 crept in. Against a better team with the pressure on I don't think that happens - just look at the Derby game.

Anyway, 3 good goals, Dicko was fantastic although I still don't know why he didn't take the ball on when he scored the second. I wonder if it's a fitness thing with him why he's always the one subbed?

Thought Edwards played quite well before his goal btw, one lovely touch to Sako to almost set up Afobe.

With a little bit more composure Iorfa will be a some player. First time I have seen him and he something special. Great pace and reads the game well.

Stupid, ludicrous goals to concede. All three of them, even if Mowatt's was an exceptional strike, we had the ball five seconds before it went in the back of the net. We made what should have been a very comfortable game - we are miles better than Leeds all over the park - exceptionally difficult. We deserved to win it on the balance of play but when it's your own slapdash play which puts you in trouble it is infuriating.

Edwards got the goal and took it very well but that was such a negative sub, Leeds were not in control of the game, this was not a situation where we needed extra legs in there. Taking off Dicko massively reduced our firepower, why you would do that when we're only one goal in front is beyond me. Make that sub when the game situation demands it, fine, today was not that situation. But we got away with it and we're in the top six, I suppose that's all that matters.

Dicko MOTM followed by Iorfa, Price and Afobe.

You not gonna call out Stearman for his contribution to their goals?

Brilliant game but yes, complacency seemed to set in once we had gone to 3-1. Our team has had a lot of good press over the last few weeks, and deservedly so, but they mustn't let success go to their heads. We've achieved nuthin yet.

I said they were all awful goals, I didn't name anyone. If it matters that much to you then quite obviously it was McDonald, Batth and Stearman in that order who were at fault.

I thought it was Stearman dallying on the ball for the first?

Nope McDonald. His attention peed crossfield clearance hit Stearman and deflected to their player.

Price is somewhat culpable for their third IMO. Poked it back to one of our players then just stood there as his first time pass got cut out and the goalscorer ran through to goal. He didn't have much time to react but he shouldn't just stand still and assume we will keep the ball when we our back line is being pressed like that.

I think that 4th goal is the one I have celebrated most this season, I really thought we had thrown it away. My chest was pumping and I was worried for my health!

What a crazy rollercoaster of a game, we should have won that comfortably and would have if not for our extraordinarily generous defending.

I was very amused when one of the Leeds players passed the ball to a substitute warming up though our amusement almost bit us on the arse.

Big win that today and a great return from our last 4 games.

I agree the Dicko sub was baffling and the complacency of the players at 3-1 was frustrating today.

BUT we need to trust this set of players and their manager. Time and time again they've shown tremendous resilience this season and our ability to conjure a goal almost at will is something I haven't seen since the heady days of 2009.

I think the three goals conceded today will prove to be a precious lesson that came at just the right time. Hopefully now we can approach the last few games with a no-nonsense attitude that will help us seal a play-off place.

Dicko MOTM for me, just superb, closely followed by a frighteningly good Dominic Iorfa.

I was very amused when one of the Leeds players passed the ball to a substitute warming up though our amusement almost bit us on the arse.

Ha ha, yeah that was hilarious! It fooled me too and I was about to shout for offside!

I watched the game on TV, and it was a bit silly. We were our own worst enemies, but somehow we got the win.

In 2000 when I started at uni, one of the lads I was friends with was a Leeds season ticket holder prior to moving down. The first time I met him, he told me that he was sorry for people like me, that support small middling teams like Wolves as we are wasting our lives by supporting nothing teams. Seeing how much equalising against a nothing side like us meant to them, only to lose prompted me to leave a rather drunken message for that lad…

already got a hang over, god I hate getting old!

Just settled down to watch the game and it appears the mrs stopped the recording by mistake due to a recording clash....no problem I thought, bound to be on catchup.....checked......nope, no problem I thought,,,,,it's bound to be on overnight so I can record it and watch it in the morning....nope.... I mean wtf!

Small consolation but we are one of the main games on the FLS which starts in about half an hour.

Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed that winner today, as I was in a pub surrounding by bloody Leeds fans, a 'lions den' as they informed as i walked in.

Went for lunch in my girlfriends house, her 2 brothers saw I was wearing my Wolves top, asked if I was heading to the pub to watch it and they knew a pub around the corner showing it. All well and good until we walk in just as Leeds got their first and the place goes mental, turns out its the pub where Dublin Leeds Supporters gather. What are the chances. And they weren't sound either. Once we went 3-1 up they got pretty hostile, throwing abuse my way as I was the only Wolves fan in there.

As the game went on we took our foot off the gas, whilst we still controlled the game, the tempo dropped and made us look inevitable going forward, the own goal really lifted them and we allowed them back into the game. For the equaliser, you could just tell what Mowatt was lining up, before it even left his foot the angle was on to swing it in, thought it was poor from Stears to give it away softly in that area when he did. At this point the Leeds wankers were loving it and intent on rubbing my nose in it.

As soon as I saw VLP coming on I turned to the g-friends brother and said this guy is a pacy winger and he could really cause them problems this late on. VLP's first contribution was to skin 2 players before sending in one of the worse daisy cutter crosses I've ever seen. On that example you can see how he gets stick for having no end product, but his contribution to the goal was massive. He won the initial corner that led to us building pressure and knocking the ball around outside their area, with VLP switching sides, to receive the ball on the left. Our build up to that goal was class, patient ball retention, with plenty of movement off the ball to make space and pull their defense apart, with a perfectly flighted gift for Edwards to divert into the net. He's scored a few like that for us now. As we were setting up the corner before the goal, you could see Edwards in the box giving out instructions of where he wanted it, so he knew how he wanted to score, so fair play to him, I'm delighted for him and was delighted to have my own little mentaller at the bar in front of the Leeds twats.

The team seemed to take their tempo from Sako, when he was taking the game to the opposition everyone else stepped up, but when he was doing fancy flicks and taking the piss like he was in the second half we collectively took our foot off the gas.

We have the second best clean sheet record in the league this year, but when we are off defensively we do it with style, horrific goals to give away.

I won't lie, I was seething when Dicko was taken off, the same substitution was made against Derby at a similar time and it was absolutely the right thing to do, today it was the wrong call, which I know looks silly given who scored the winner, but we weren't losing the midfield, we were being sloppy and complacent and took off our best player on the day. I hope Jackett gives them an enormous bollocking

Back