• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Look it’ll always be “ why are Liverpool so rubbish?”
As opposed to us being good, nevertheless I still expect no more than a good result for wolves comment and that’s it.

Dawson would instantly become the second best CB at the club. The hate is weird.

I revise this to “best CB at the club by a mile”

One dodgy pass aside was immaculate. Makes the job look easy which is what good defenders do. Stand In the right place and the rest of it looks after itself.

Reactions: b3h
Great day, Liverpool look absolutely spent and Gakpo/Nunez look laughable as top 6 footballers.

He really felt we controlled the game, though it got a little hairy at the start of the second half we didn't give up many good chances.

As a negative, Raúl missing a sitter is the first time I've felt he won't make it back to the level we need him at. Totally the wrong choice of shot.

Quite telling how Klopp wasn't even in his technical area for the last quarter of an hour or so, he looks a beaten man.
His disappearance followed 26,000 people singing “You’re getting sacked in the morning”.

As for the game a tremendous performance. Hard to disagree with most of what’s been said. Normally a performance like Neves’ would guarantee MOTM but Lemina pipped him. One of the best midfield performances in the PL era at Wolves, he was like a man possessed. Surely this group of players will pull away from the relegation zone sooner than later. I shall be having a glass of Glenmorangie “The Artein” tonight which is saved for very special occasions and today after the VAR and offside shambles at Anfield in the cup was a special day. Cheers all!

Dawson and Lemina were brilliant btw. And João had a really good sub appearance.
Joao showed that you never forget how to play and his legs can still do it for half an hour. His role in the third was brilliant. Won the ball, lost it unluckily, won it back and sent Traore on his way.

Last edited:
Dawson and Lemina were brilliant btw. And João had a really good sub appearance.

Dawson and Lemina were arguably two of our most underwhelming January signings, yet could turn out to be two of the best.

Joao is going to benefit from being a sub I think - can pick a pass, dictate games and he’s the kind of calming head you want coming on to see a game out.

They had a corner at 2-0 when Salah made a great run to the near post for a ball he would probably have flicked in. His marker who I think was Kilman switched off. The man who saw it and darted to the near post to cut it out? 36 year old Joao Moutinho

They had a corner at 2-0 when Salah made a great run to the near post for a ball he would have probably would have flicked in. His marker who I think was Kilman switched off. The man who saw it and darted to the near post to cut it out? 36 year old Joao Moutinho
Indeed. He reads the game better than any Wolves player I’ve seen and I’ve been going since 1971, though I accept my judgement as a 7 year old was probably not the best, but still better than Gabby Agbonlahor.

A little hat tip to Adama too. He is infuriating sometimes but his assist for Neves was spot on, and he should have had another if Raul had finished.
Lop has clearly got him to look to focus on passing to a colleague rather than just going down the outside and crossing to nobody in particular. Long may it continue.

Stoked for the lads, felt like we came out in top gear and never looked back though maybe should've pushed harder for more in second half. Lemina looks like an absolute class act. JL making all the right calls on and off the pitch. Liverpool at sea at the back without van Dijk but we can only beat what's put in front of us and beat them we did!

Jesus what a performance. How on earth can things pick up so quickly? Answer: a manager who knows exactly what he's doing.

Those emotional scenes when he left Sevilla make more sense with each game. He's the kind of coach the players love and the fans will adore. Nuno-esque in that sense. And how we've needed that.

3 players I'd single out from that: Dawson, Lamina (2 very astute pieces of business) and my MOTM was Neves. What an absolute legend this man has been for us.

Its been a long time since I've been this happy on a Saturday night because of our team. And on this showing, our team are going to be just fine.

Back