• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Newcastle Utd: Verdict Thread

I don’t want blow O’Neil’s trumpet to much as we’re only 10 games in but currently he’s proving me wrong. As some have said we’re not a soft touch, going behind isn’t terminal, we look like scoring on numerous occasions, upturn in form of Hwang and Neto.
All positives

Know a couple of refs and wilk always stick up for then, but thats a terrible take or way to make that point from that account.

Goal keepers are one of the most misunderstood positions in sport, "shouldn't get beaten at your near post." existing as a concept doesnt people never considering why that isnt a steadfest rule proves that.

Maupay was also called terrible by Everton fans and using different wording by pundits after his start this year.

Bournemouth fans thought he was absolutely clueless.

Poor halves are on the manager. And it's laughable saying we had no preseason. We were firing against Rennes and looked right up for Utd.

Of course it depends who your mates are which may colour your opinion

Please quit the passive aggressive shite and just have a go if you've got the bollocks, that goes for @Jinky and others too.
Here he is the resident bully trying to throw his weight around 😂

Bournemouth fans thought he was absolutely clueless.

Poor halves are on the manager. And it's laughable saying we had no preseason. We were firing against Rennes and looked right up for Utd.

Of course it depends who your mates are which may colour your opinion

Please quit the passive aggressive shite and just have a go if you've got the bollocks, that goes for @Jinky and others too.
I deliberately didn’t say your name in response to GFFH’s post to avoid getting the brunt of your anger and I’ve still been shouted at, ffs 😂

The loss of Neto, hopefully only for a short time, is really going to show up the shortages in the squad. I have the feeling that Doherty will come in for him such are our limited options. :cautious:

Here he is the resident bully trying to throw his weight around 😂
The only useful thing that ever comes from you isn't even an original thought. Just a parrot of your mates information.

Still got Neves 5yr deal in your drawer somewhere?

And don't claim to be the victim when you were the one spoiling for a fight in the first place.

I deliberately didn’t say your name in response to GFFH’s post to avoid getting the brunt of your anger and I’ve still been shouted at, ffs😂
Forget that Jinky just say what you think instead of trying to be subtle, which you weren't.

A very enjoyable Saturday evening game, hardfought in driving rain against a good Newcastle team. I'd have taken a draw before the game, during the game we played very well and well enough to win but after Neto's unfortunate injury (could see straightaway with the way he pulled up that he was in the shit) I wanted the game to end there and settle for the point so was happy enough with the outcome.

Neto is obviously going to be a huge miss. He has been back to his magnificent best this season and is now our talisman following the departure of players like Neves and Raul so gutting for him and for us for him to be cut down again particularly a day or so after he affirmed his love and commitment to the club.

Elsewhere not a great night for Sa though for a split second it looked like he was saving the penalty. Dawson was excellent again, a proper gnarly old warhorse who battles and wins for us when it matters. Not an easy night against players like Almiron, Guimares, Wilson and Gordon in shitty conditions.

Lemina had a good night and what a header from Neto's corner for our first equaliser. Traore however didn't have his best game but another good outing from Doyle who has to be pushing for a start. There was one ball he pinged from the left over to Semedo on the right which was Nevesesque.

I thought Cunha generally played well though his decision making sometimes lets him down and Hwang didn't have his best game but again popped up with a fine goal so all good.

Again we showed great resilience coming back from a goal down twice against a good team and the atmosphere was great.

Fair play to Gary O’Neil and his staff for how they have transformed the side since Ipswich and this 5 game unbeaten run is very encouraging with the fans responding with rousing choruses of 'Gary O’Neil's Barmy Army', I'm happy for him to be proving early doubts wrong as he seems to be growing into his role.

Onto the Blades next week who will be hoping for a new manager bounce but with just 1 point from their opening 10 games we really need to be taking 3 points from that one.

The only useful thing that ever comes from you isn't even an original thought. Just a parrot of your mates information.

Still got Neves 5yr deal in your drawer somewhere?

And don't claim to be the victim when you were the one spoiling for a fight in the first place.
You don’t enjoy life very much do you Johnny75?
Sad little man getting all angry on the internet

Christ, are we actually going to run off the one consistently accurate ITK we have?

All the sniping is so tiresome. Let’s just be glad GO is showing tangible improvements, no? That’s not too much to ask?

I’m very glad to have been shut up by our play since City.

He looked out of his depth for most of the first 5/6 games. As he did at Bournemouth in somes opinions (including myself). He’s now shown some improvement in performance along with some good results and is getting credit.
I always said we wouldn't learn much about GON over the first 10 games. Including the cup games I couldn't see much to be hopeful about after game 8 (Ipswich).

Since then, the green shoots I previously said I couldn't see are popping up everywhere.

The games coming up before New Year will be the best ones to judge GON on. It will also be interesting to see how he responds to losing our best player.

The jury's still out, fingers crossed GON's performance continues on the same trajectory. Nothing will make me happier than GON, Hobbs and Shi walking around with smug faces.

His exposure on TV is the same sort of stuff the club used to do with Nuno, so then you see the man as well as the manager. I can’t recall Lage or Lopetegui doing it: not sure if it was a personal choice to them or the club are actively ‘marketing’ O’Neil to put the fans back in touch with the club a bit.
Nuno hated doing the media stuff. Neutrals would always comment how surly he was. He understood the fans though and we understood him. He was our surly leader and we loved him.

Nuno hated doing the media stuff. Neutrals would always comment how surly he was. He understood the fans though and we understood him. He was our surly leader and we loved him.
Two great bits:

1) Refusing to talk to Spiers through the whole of pre-season saying he had more important things to do but he'd catch up with him at the end. Then just didn't

2) When we were in the Championship and did our own in-house pre-match stuff, his incredulous reaction whenever Mikey Burrows, Mikey Burrows, Mikey Burrows asked an absolutely inane question (so most weeks)

He actually wasn't very interesting to listen to on the whole. Most interviews were exactly the same, the opponent would be "tough, very tough", after the game the next step would be to "prepare", he'd always claim he never looked at the table, he rarely offered any insight into what we were doing. You get away with it when you serve up consistently good football with good results though.

Lage couldn't speak English even close to well enough to get his point across (was almost certainly bollocks anyway) and I suspect Lopetegui often pretended he couldn't too.

Back