• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

Of course it's relevant (if it is 150k pw). It increases the expectation irrespective of the financial gymnastics. Same money to the club, but the focus is higher with the salary than if we'd paid £10m more and paid him £75k per week. It becomes a talking point, which it wouldn't the other way round
Not really. I have no idea where EP has this figure from.

Players have to be paid something and as fees are amortised over the life of the contract it would be the total figure that is relevant. In which case Cunha and Silva have cost the club at least twice as much.

Sarabia has contributed this season and last in the short time he's been here. Fabio never will. That's the difference.

The initial point was, he hasn't performed, especially given he's on 150k a week - that was all.

Similarly Fabio cost 35mill and he hasn't performed.

Neither are controversial statements unless you're spoiling for an argument.
Fabio play for free now?

His reported £80k per week on a 5 year contract is a disgrace and nowhere near the impact Sarabia has had.

Sarabia has scored 2 (?) League goals and has 2 assists since he arrived? (Obviously half that before yesterday) Fabio has 4 goals and 3 assists I believe, so "nowhere near" is just simply wrong, not that I am in anyway suggesting that Fabio has been anything other than a crap signing, which I and 95% of Wolves fans would have said about Sarabia before yesterday too.

And you'll just have to trust me on the salary, but there are others on here who will vouch that Sarabia is our highest paid player ever and is on 150k a week, that's a fact, to suggest that in itself doesn't effect the expectations of him is like arguing black is white.

Regardless of what a player actually earns/costs I've always thought it weird to hold it as a stick to beat them with, nobody holds a gun to a chairman's head and makes them sign him?

Even in Fabios case he was just pawn in the mendes circus, moving here at 17 did his career more harm than staying and having a couple of seasons where he played and learnt, for that I blame Jeff/Mendes

Sarabia has scored 2 (?) League goals and has 2 assists since he arrived? (Obviously half that before yesterday) Fabio has 4 goals and 3 assists I believe, so "nowhere near" is just simply wrong, not that I am in anyway suggesting that Fabio has been anything other than a crap signing, which I and 95% of Wolves fans would have said about Sarabia before yesterday too.

And you'll just have to trust me on the salary, but there are others on here who will vouch that Sarabia is our highest paid player ever and is on 150k a week, that's a fact, to suggest that in itself doesn't effect the expectations of him is like arguing black is white.
You missed the bit where Sarabia has done this over less than a season. And I don't think he's a bad signing either but others do.

On his salary, why are you choosing to neglect his total fee over the 2.5yrs?

He's probably not even in our top 3 worst signings in the last 5 years. Financially and productivity.

You can expect more but focusing on his salary seems an odd stick to beat him with.

You missed the bit where Sarabia has done this over less than a season. And I don't think he's a bad signing either but others do.

On his salary, why are you choosing to neglect his total fee over the 2.5yrs?

He's probably not even in our top 3 worst signings in the last 5 years. Financially and productivity.

You can expect more but focusing on his salary seems an odd stick to beat him with.
I'm not saying he is, you've decided to focus on me mentioning his salary which is the largest we've ever paid a player, for some reason you are dismissing that as irrelevant when it clearly isn't.

If we signed someone on a Bosman next summer on 300k a week, obviously there would be no transfer fee, but his wages would still be a significant talking point and a reason for more focus on that player, that is all.

I'm not saying he is, you've decided to focus on me mentioning his salary which is the largest we've ever paid a player, for some reason you are dismissing that as irrelevant when it clearly isn't.

If we signed someone on a Bosman next summer on 300k a week, obviously there would be no transfer fee, but his wages would still be a significant talking point and a reason for more focus on that player, that is all.
Not irrelevant but not the full picture.

Fabio - £35m + wages - north of £50m
Sarabia - £5m + wages - circa £25m

You can see how different that is and why scrutiny of Silva is much higher?

Sarabia is one of the best footballers we have. Just perhaps not suited to a counter-attacking team looking to cause upsets

Sarabia is one of the best footballers we have. Just perhaps not suited to a counter-attacking team looking to cause upsets
I don't think we play on the counter as such, more Klopp's Gegenpress but your point still stands in that I'm not sure his skillset is set up for that at the moment either.

But GoN has improved Hwang, Neto and RAN's fitness, so maybe Sarabia is getting there as well.

Dear Wolves.

Can you change the seats to the normal short flip down versions please, because as I was celebrating I fell back and where the seat normally is there wasn't a perch to catch my fat ass and I went sprawling.

Yours hurtingly

Quirk.
It's a wonder you didn't go all the way down the stairs!

Dear Wolves.

Can you change the seats to the normal short flip down versions please, because as I was celebrating I fell back and where the seat normally is there wasn't a perch to catch my fat ass and I went sprawling.

Yours hurtingly

Quirk.
Had to call a steward over yesterday on arrival, the bar attaching mine and daughters seat to the concrete behind us had snapped away, fuck the Steve Bull stand!

Last edited:
I don't think we play on the counter as such, more Klopp's Gegenpress but your point still stands in that I'm not sure his skillset is set up for that at the moment either.

But GoN has improved Hwang, Neto and RAN's fitness, so maybe Sarabia is getting there as well.

Could well be a case of this as to why Sarabia hasn’t featured much. GoN said in his post-match that he is one of the most talented players in the squad, so perhaps we’re just building him up to fitness levels where he can play in the eleven. That being said, he’s not someone who can take a man on so how does he fit? I think if you play him centrally between the lines you’re relying on RAN and Semedo for deliveries into the box and we all know how that goes.

I’ve got no dislike towards Pablo really. He was a very astute signing in January and does sometimes make impacts. What’s more refreshing is that O’Neil said Sarabia has been banging his door down and put in strong training sessions all week. Those are the sort of players we want, not mopey fuckers like Podence and Guedes.

Back