• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

Sarabia certainly ran and pressed like a player trying to prove a point
I think he's always pressed well and worked hard enough, just hasn't showed enough until now on the ball. His dead balls have also been decent I think.

It's weird because when he was at PSG he did a lot of the donkey work for the other more talented forwards in the side. He was more of a facilitator than a star there so it's not something he's never done before. He's always been seen as a hard working and intelligent footballer as well and is supposed to be part of the 'leadership group' at Wolves at the moment.

I wonder if it really is just his lack of physicality that O'Neil doesn't like. If he's not starting and we're chasing the game or protecting a narrow lead some managers are naturally always going to look at players with more of a physical presence first.

He certainly has the talent. I've ben hoping we can find a role for him for ages.

Doyle recently has had a couple of performances from the bench where he is clearly playing for a starting spot. O'Neil seems to be working really well at promoting squad members make their cases as best they can.

I'm still walking round like a dog with two cocks, and the smuggiest grin i've had in years, i may stretch the tape even further on the extended highlights later 😂

It might be stretching is but I think the confidence and belief GON has given the team means the goals on Saturday can happen.

Cunha wouldn’t have had the audacity to try that pass if he let his confidence get knocked (and he does fuck up things that I think would stick in lesser players’ minds). Double-edged sword but worked brilliantly this time.

He’s going to a be an odd player to evaluate in hindsight, I think. Not sure he’ll ever post big numbers but he’s so important to the way we break teams down, especially sans Neto.

I think Cunha, while never being a Haaland, will start to notch a few goals sooner rather than later, but his abilities in taking us forward are superb.
He is gonna be some player for us.

I think Cunha, while never being a Haaland, will start to notch a few goals sooner rather than later, but his abilities in taking us forward are superb.
He is gonna be some player for us.
Jesus Christ himself could sign for City and not score like Haaland.

No surprise, he hates crosses
giphy.gif

He wouldn't be a forward, He'd be a goalie.
Jesus saves...

The more I watch the Sarabia goal the more impressive it gets. It isn’t quite Neves v Derby levels of brilliance but it is only a hair's breadth behind. It will surely be in the contenders for goal of the season.

What I love is how intently he watches the ball, not once even glancing at the keeper or goal, he just knows where he is going to put it.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'm not 100% sure Cunha is actually trying to find Pablo, I wonder if it was a poorly hit cross for Sasa.

Maybe MOTD could put it on their titles now instead of Ratbag Nunes' goal vs Chelsea, being as he doesn't play for us any more (our only other representation is Podence's #10 shirt, he also doesn't play for us)

Back