• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

I guess Fabio's transfer fee makes no difference to how you feel about him either then.
The maths are hugely different as I'm sure you know.

Sarabia is a very good player and he has shown it in flashes, including yesterday. Contrast the last two sub appearances for each player.

Fabio isn't and never will be any good.

So you don't think him earning £150k a week adds to the frustration about how he's performed prior to yesterday?
I would probably argue that GO needs to take some responsibility for not quite knowing what to do with him. Julen, too.

He's not a perfect fit for the Premier League, I think we can all see that.

How does anyone find out a players wages? (unless it's made public) on the accounts it's a lump sum

So that extra 50k equates to 2.5mil transfer fee we didn't pay per year?
"Extra" 50k?

He signed a 2.5 year contract, so that's just under 20mill in wages, plus the 5million transfer fee.

"Extra" 50k?

He signed a 2.5 year contract, so that's just under 20mill in wages, plus the 5million transfer fee.
It’s a bit of a silly argument.

He has to be paid something.

If you give him £100k a week, it’s £15m.

Totally swings and roundabouts. And pretty irrelevant really.

It’s a bit of a silly argument.

He has to be paid something.

If you give him £100k a week, it’s £15m.

Totally swings and roundabouts. And pretty irrelevant really.
And with that, no one will never mention the Fabio fee ever again.

The initial point was, he hasn't performed, especially given he's on 150k a week - that was all.

Similarly Fabio cost 35mill and he hasn't performed.

Neither are controversial statements unless you're spoiling for an argument.

Of course it's relevant (if it is 150k pw). It increases the expectation irrespective of the financial gymnastics. Same money to the club, but the focus is higher with the salary than if we'd paid £10m more and paid him £75k per week. It becomes a talking point, which it wouldn't the other way round

The initial point was, he hasn't performed, especially given he's on 150k a week - that was all.

Similarly Fabio cost 35mill and he hasn't performed.

Neither are controversial statements unless you're spoiling for an argument.
This is The Wolves Forum, some people will start an argument with their own reflection.

Back