• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - 0 Millwall: A Nervous Cruise

I think you've missed the point with your little bracketed comment. Nobody has said that we don't need to improve, what I get fed up with is the 'what if that team had scored'. Millwall didn't score and we didn't score more than 1. We did enough to win that game, no ifs or buts, that's what happened.

Nuno said himself the scoreline was too narrow and I'd be worried if a manager came out and said he was happy with only scoring one goal.

Or are certain older posters only happy if they have something to moan about?

Perhaps deliberately or perhaps ignorantly, you are missing the point entirely, which is that, although we did enough to win that game, and won it, there will be occasions in the future where, by scoring one goal, we will do enough to win games and not win them.

This has nothing to do with the age of the poster – something you might come to appreciate when you grow up.

So we are now arguing over "what could have happened" instead of what actually happened. Nice change indeed but can we all grow up a little and leave this one now. Despite ripping heads off you are all basically agreeing with each other "We won, should have scored more than 1, they failed to take their 1 big chance, future games might not be so lucky, so lets score more" (just you lot said with more insults than that)

Perhaps deliberately or perhaps ignorantly, you are missing the point entirely, which is that, although we did enough to win that game, and won it, there will be occasions in the future where, by scoring one goal, we will do enough to win games and not win them.

This has nothing to do with the age of the poster – something you might come to appreciate when you grow up.

Oh dear. More hypothetical nonsense.

I think you've missed the point with your little bracketed comment. Nobody has said that we don't need to improve, what I get fed up with is the 'what if that team had scored'. Millwall didn't score and we didn't score more than 1. We did enough to win that game, no ifs or buts, that's what happened.

Nuno said himself the scoreline was too narrow and I'd be worried if a manager came out and said he was happy with only scoring one goal.

Or are certain older posters only happy if they have something to moan about?

It was just a bit of shit stirring lol :icon_biggrin: I believe we will get promoted with or without another striker but if we dont its a pleasure to watch. Nuno is the best manager in the league but may get nicked off us (then I will moan)

Sometimes to balance the team the coach has to reduce the goal threat in order to gain clean sheets on a regular basis. It took Wolves 28 games last season to reach this seasons number of shut outs. You can't have everything.

Did anyone else hear those morons in S2 start the Ivan Cavaleiro chant twice while Bright Enobakhare & then Alfred N'Daiye were preparing to come on? Third time lucky.

Did anyone else hear those morons in S2 start the Ivan Cavaleiro chant twice while Bright Enobakhare & then Alfred N'Daiye were preparing to come on? Third time lucky.

To be fair to them the way we now warm the subs up indicated he was coming on. They seem to go out in shifts and then the fitness coach calls 1 in and another player goes out to warm up. On 2 occasions on Saturday, Ivan got called back and within a few mins we made a sub. So easy to presume he was coming on......maybe when N'Daiye was stood there they could have stopped the chant unless the thought Ivan had been on the stretching wrack all week

To be fair to them the way we now warm the subs up indicated he was coming on. They seem to go out in shifts and then the fitness coach calls 1 in and another player goes out to warm up. On 2 occasions on Saturday, Ivan got called back and within a few mins we made a sub. So easy to presume he was coming on......maybe when N'Daiye was stood there they could have stopped the chant unless the thought Ivan had been on the stretching wrack all week

Nah, they started both chants as the players were stood on the sidelines next to the 4th official.

Both the Diego and Cav song wound me up! The Diego chant is obvious as that's just not Jota's name and The Cav song when he's not on the pitch seems a touch like the Freddie Eastwood chant to me.

The Diego one annoyed me a bit. What's the Cav one?

Chorus to September by Earth Wind & Fire.

Ohhh Ivan Cavaleiro
Ohhh He dances round defenders
Ohhh He never gives the ball awaaaaay.

Aha nice. Required me putting in my earphones, signing into the hospital wifi and Youtubing it but got there in the end :D

Chorus to September by Earth Wind & Fire.

Ohhh Ivan Cavaleiro
Ohhh He dances round defenders
Ohhh He never gives the ball awaaaaay.

The original was he's gonna score some goals today (sang at the leicester friendly) but most fans sang never gives the ball away once they looked up the lyrics and now that's what everyone is singing.

The Cav one didn't bother me on Saturday but the Diego one did because that's not his name. It's not that hard to sing Diogo instead really is it.

Both the Diego and Cav song wound me up! The Diego chant is obvious as that's just not Jota's name and The Cav song when he's not on the pitch seems a touch like the Freddie Eastwood chant to me.

Me too, pissed me off at Brentford It has to affect a young player like Bright hearing that when your keeping him out the team

Back