• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - 0 Millwall: A Nervous Cruise

We do need to that because the away team will always get one chance (and normally take it against us). I think after yesterday the fact we created chances and tested the keeper it won't be a major concern as we do that across 10 games and we will win by 2 or more goals a lot more than getting a 1-0 or a dreaded 1-1. If it had been a game where we scored and then struggled to do much else people would be worried.

We have scored 5 away from home, so we have goals in us. (7 if you count the Cup)

We will score plenty of goals away from home as teams will have to attack us, and we will have more room to play our football. At Molineux I expect most teams to put eleven men behind the ball. As you say, in most games a team will create one chance, and yesterday we nearly paid the price for not finishing Millwall off. We just need to start taking a couple of the chances we create.

We will score plenty of goals away from home as teams will have to attack us, and we will have more room to play our football. At Molineux I expect most teams to put eleven men behind the ball. As you say, in most games a team will create one chance, and yesterday we nearly paid the price for not finishing Millwall off. We just need to start taking a couple of the chances we create.

They will come Frank - Milwall were slightly lucky not to concede at least 1 more yesterday

(NB - many thanks Darlo for the use of your ticket for the match - a good weekend)

We had 19 shots with 8 on target (BBC Sports), so we are creating chances, but we are not putting the ball in the net enough.

If it continues, it will bite us in the arse eventually. Millwall were completely outplayed by us at times but had a couple of chances towards the end where, with a bit of luck, a slight deflection, or a slip, and we could have ended up losing 2 of the 3 points we won.

I'm not panicking nor 'pant wetting', just saying what it is logical to think.

We do need to take more chances as we aren't always going to keep a clean sheet (wonder strikes and comedy deflections are bound to happen just for a start and Ruddy has already bailed us out a few times with saves he isn't always going to make). Nuno knows this though, he said so yesterday.

If we'd have drawn yesterday I think it would have also been a comment on their goalkeepers performance, he was their MOTM by a country mile.

He hardly pulled off what anybody would term world class saves but he had to be alert and present with two efforts from Leo, one from Saiss and when we did beat him a defender got in the way to prevent a goal.

I think we'll be more clincial the more we play and when Costa returns we'll become more direct

With the shit they talk at half time that is a blessing for us all
I don't think Steve Daley is the best. But after someone decided it was wise to let off a smoke bomb in the South Bank concourse I had to endure it.

Agree completely. But wouldn't it have been a travesty and a big disappointment had they sneaked an equaliser.

They didn't though did they? Why are you constantly searching for something that didn't happen?

It's hard not to miss your point as you've been blathering on about it all fucking season and it's fucking boring the tits off me.

Others have also noted that we could have paid the price for not killing the game off. Yes we got away with it yesterday, but we won't every game. Teams will come to Molineux intent on frustrating us, and maybe catching us on the break. In my opinion that is a fair observation to make.

Others have also noted that we could have paid the price for not killing the game off. Yes we got away with it yesterday, but we won't every game. Teams will come to Molineux intent on frustrating us, and maybe catching us on the break. In my opinion that is a fair observation to make.

How about we deal with facts rather than your nonsense. We are 3rd in the league having won 4 from 6 games and only lost 1.

Teams can always improve and it's a fair observation that most people make is that they would like their teams to score more goals, it doesn't make it any less boring and out of touch to read given the change from last season.

How about you give it a rest and focus on the positives for a change.

They had one chance/effort on goal that Ruddy had to make a save. We had several good opportunities. Over the course of the season we will win most of those type of games so I'm really not worried.

They had one chance/effort on goal that Ruddy had to make a save. We had several good opportunities. Over the course of the season we will win most of those type of games so I'm really not worried.

I totally agree. But we won't get away with one goal victories every home game. Better teams will punish us. We could and should have won by a country mile yesterday, the football we played deserved that.

Not sure why people are moaning, we won "yeah but we should have won by more"

We dominated the game, created more chances. Some people are never happy

How about we deal with facts rather than your nonsense. We are 3rd in the league having won 4 from 6 games and only lost 1.

Teams can always improve and it's a fair observation that most people make is that they would like their teams to score more goals, it doesn't make it any less boring and out of touch to read given the change from last season.

As long as I do not break the forum code of conduct, I believe I am allowed to express my opinions. And unlike you I can put a sentence together without resorting to profanity.

Think your bang out of order here.

You're letting your personal opinion of Frank cloud your judgement.

Nuno has said himself we should be scoring more goals with the control we had yesterday. I'm much happier seeing a 1-0 win when we've had 4/5 good chances than if every game we were only making 1 decent chance. If we could start making a 1-0 habit into a 2-0 habit then everyone is happy :D

Back