• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

The Strokes are another one. Is This It? was and still is a fantastic record, Room on Fire is about as meh as you can get.

Top first album, the odd song from there on, the last album was just bizarre from what I remember, think they're playing Hyde Park in the summer.

The Strokes are another one. Is This It? was and still is a fantastic record, Room on Fire is about as meh as you can get.

12:51 is a great tune, otherwise agreed.

The Great Escape pissed me off at the time, listening to it again now it's a pretty good album, just doesn't stand up to Modern Life Is Rubbish or Parklife.

The Great Escape pissed me off at the time, listening to it again now it's a pretty good album, just doesn't stand up to Modern Life Is Rubbish or Parklife.

Is This It? is awesome.

I'm actually the only person I know who prefers The Great Escape to Parklife. Don't know why - probably The Universal which I adore. I accept that this is not a popular opinion! I prefer Blur to both of them.

I can't bring myself to listen to The Great Escape as I grew to dislike it so much. Modern Life is Rubbish I have always loved, it's my favourite Blur album.

I've got good memories of Bloc Party songs from Blast Off and Lightbar, always thought about going to see them live but was never that into them to follow it through, made some good songs though, I love This Modern Love.

Lightbar / Blast Off was my Friday & Saturday for virtually every weekend for about a year during 2004-2005. Great memories (well, the bits I can remember, the rest is a blurry haze).

It'll be interesting to see what Arcade Fire do next. For me they've got a 50% hit rate so far - Funeral and Suburbs both fantastic, the other two really not that good.

It'll be interesting to see what Arcade Fire do next. For me they've got a 50% hit rate so far - Funeral and Suburbs both fantastic, the other two really not that good.

I think their first 3 albums are brilliant (Funeral and Suburbs sublime - I could put both in amongst my favourite albums) but Reflektor was a mess. I'm hoping they return to form with their next one.

Lightbar / Blast Off was my Friday & Saturday for virtually every weekend for about a year during 2004-2005. Great memories (well, the bits I can remember, the rest is a blurry haze).

Same here, though mine was a few years later probably 2006-10. Used to be a pretty solid routine with nights out through my Uni years, go to Wharf Bar in Walsall on a Monday after we'd played 5-a-side, then WS1 on a Thursday for a cheap piss up before getting back to some decent music on Friday/Saturday.

Oasis have not (imo) done a whole stellar album. Every album has filler/tracks to skip on it. Thought as much at the time too tbh. Thing is, when they did a decent tune, they did it really well. D'yer know what I mean is still a cracker. Almost everything about Be Here Now is too long and overblown though.

Agree with consensus on the Strokes - 1 great album. I've not bothered since. I was given a gift voucher when I left a place of work & bought that.

Can't fucking stand blur. Absolute shite imo. Song 2 is the exception.
Never engaged with arcade fire. Never liked Hard Fi either tbh.

So has Over The Counter Culture by The Ordinary Boys which I loved at the time.
I still really like this album. In fact I'm gonna bang it on now.

One for me that has really aged is Vehicles & Animals by Athlete. That was a great debut album but most of the songs just seem meh now. A couple of them I still love though (the title track and Shake Those Windows).

One for me that has really aged is Vehicles & Animals by Athlete. That was a great debut album but most of the songs just seem meh now. A couple of them I still love though (the title track and Shake Those Windows).

Yeah and this is a shame because I thought this was fantastic back in the day. I agree with you though. And another band who got weaker and weaker - their 2nd album was very meh, their 3rd is just shit.

I still really like this album. In fact I'm gonna bang it on now.

I loved that Athlete album but the 2nd album was so horrifically bland that I have refused to listen to them ever since. I saw them on the V & A tour and really enjoyed the gig, bought tickets for the 2nd album tour before I'd heard the album and immediately regretted it.

I've never heard of Athlete. Or indeed most of the bands you are referring to with the exception of Blur and Oasis.

You've never heard of The Strokes or The Killers?

Hard-Fi - Stars of CCTV.

It's aged appallingly. Or maybe it's just that I have?!

They've always been shit. One of my least favourite bands of all time.

I loved that Athlete album but the 2nd album was so horrifically bland that I have refused to listen to them ever since. I saw them on the V & A tour and really enjoyed the gig, bought tickets for the 2nd album tour before I'd heard the album and immediately regretted it.

I did something very similar actually - quite enjoyed the gig in Manchester but you could hear the 'meh' from the crowd whenever they played a track from Tourist. Their 3rd album is far worse than Tourist believe it or not. Awful dirge.

There's a big consensus here with Athelete it appears.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that their 4th album (Black Swan) is actually pretty decent. In fact, I listen to that one now rather than V&A.

Back