• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Neto and Jordao

The one thing that does surprise me is giving them both 5 year contracts. Are Neves or Boly on a 5 year deal?

We never announced the length of Boly's deal when we signed him but fair to assume it was at least a four year deal (taking him into his early 30s).

Neves signed a new five year deal last summer.

So do we think Neto coming off the bench would be a wing-back replacement, a Jota replacement or a forward in a change to 3-4-3?
He's an attacker. Mostly right sided, but can play anywhere up front really.

I doubt two players for the under 23 squad would have had as much media exposure on the official club accounts as these two have. They’ll almost certainly be in and around the match day squad - despite what Johnny’s best mate has or has not said.

I think we might see a mixture of Vinagre and Donk levels of involvement to start with. Integrate them into the club, get them up to speed and gradually introduce them a few months down the line (when they will no doubt have been written off as Mendes favours who will never make any impact).

No issue from me whatsoever if this happens - they have long term deals so they'll be ready when Nuno and his staff say so.

Very much a 'wait and see' with these 2 for me. I don't know anything about them whatsoever.

Ruddy
Vinagre
Bennett
Saiss
MGW
Traore
Cutrone

No room left on our regular league game bench. I guess Saiss or MGW could miss out and Neto could have that as one of the better youngsters. Seems unlikely to see either of them until the League Cup though.

Last year it was the 28th August when we played Sheff Wed. But I assume European involvement will see us wait a bit later. Arsenal's was the 26th September.

Ruddy
Vinagre
Bennett
Saiss
MGW
Traore
Cutrone

No room left on our regular league game bench. I guess Saiss or MGW could miss out and Neto could have that as one of the better youngsters. Seems unlikely to see either of them until the League Cup though.

Last year it was the 28th August when we played Sheff Wed. But I assume European involvement will see us wait a bit later. Arsenal's was the 26th September.

3rd Round is when we join the League Cup.

New lads could easily travel on Thursday if Nuno wants to keep a couple players in the UK to be uber fresh for Sunday. Might even replace the 2 kids who have been involved

Walter White shouldn't have bothered with the laundrette.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, it's what we signed up for and it's serving us brilliantly. But if any of the people that are tricking themselves into thinking there's footballing merit in this could drop me a message please, I've got a cracking investment opportunity for you to get involved in

I had to go back and check, does your investment opportunity involve a Ghanaian Prince with a lot of money to give away?

Tbf, I don't think many were too differing from you above, I certainly questioned the merit of the transfer but Neto looks good.

Just goes to show that keeping an open mind on these things is worth it, nobody knew a thing about these two when they signed yet after a quick look at Transfermarkt decided they knew more than enough to write them off. Fosun aren’t going to be chucking £20m down the drain for nothing and Mendes isn’t going to be screwing the company who own a 20% share of his.

Another who was massively skeptical but already impressed. Coming on last night showed no fear and relived pressure with a couple of his dribbles, close control and speed on the ball look excellent.

He looks like he has the potential to be far better than just the Mendes carousel player we thought we were getting but the transfer fee for both players still looks inflated based on the lack on first team games they had played. I'm not complaining though. If he turns out to be a cracking player for us then I don't really care what we paid!

It's interesting how quickly Neto's gone from Thelwell saying he's one for the distant future to coming on against United to chase the game, ahead of Cutrone.

Nuno's clearly seen something he really likes there.

Yep. For me it was mainly the fact they signed for a fair whack but no one had really heard of them, no hype, Wolves made no big deal of it etc.

Really liked what I have seen from Neto but still early days. He looks sharp and he give everything

I quite liked what I saw of Jordao for the U23s but he won’t be too near our first eleven just yet.

Really liked what I have seen from Neto but still early days. He looks sharp and he give everything

I quite liked what I saw of Jordao for the U23s but he won’t be too near our first eleven just yet.

You mean Pedro 'Jorge Mendes favour' Neto?

What I like about 1 half of the dodgy twins is he is the same as Jota. Small frame but tough as fuck and not easily pushed off the ball and even went in and forced Maguire to hammer a ball out of play. Very very promising early signs

I really like Neto.
Hes quick, good close control, gets in the box

First chance to see Neto last night - not long enough to know for certain, but appears to have something about him

Slightly Jotaesque (without saying that he will be as good as that) - fairly feisty & rapid with some decent control. Should be a better fit for that position than Cavaleiro was

At the time of signing I kept my mouth shut as I had no idea of the potential of these two but was surprised at the fee for 2 young inexperienced players. Start of last Thursdays game I had quite low expectations but after half hour I got pretty excited.....probably over excited but yesterday against one of the best teams in the country thought he didn't look out of place at all, early days but looking forward to seeing more of Neto

That little cameo yesterday I thought looked REALLY promising. We could have something ace in Neto.

Back