• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

£2M wouldn't have been worth looking at. Would rather he was here to season end & lose for nothing if we can't get up.

He gives us a chance to make it

Yes imo...We haven't looked balanced without Sako in the side
But it's not quite right to say that the proposed replacement wouldn't have also instilled that balance.

Sako is a game changer..we need all players that score goals, because we dont score many..he is our top scorer with 7 right? keep him

No that's not what was said. You used the labels, you should know what you mean. You don't and haven't explained them so in essence you're talking rubbish.

I'll ask again, what kind of 10 and who? Unless you answer these types of questions then your glib remarks will get the treatment they deserve.

Johnny fire away...I really don't give a shit

Supporters like you are not needed...you watch it on the telly and play with yourself....maybe mummy will let you play later

Edwards would be the next position I would upgrade, but it's not that easy, especially as we'd probably either need to take a risk on a lower league player, which might not work or cost in excess of £4m, which again, isn't guaranteed.

I think people are taking the pee out of your Football Manager approach.

I don't even know what football manager is....I will ask my son

Right bunch of kids on here

Ah right. No argument to the points put to you so you behave like a child. Bravo superfan.

O
I don't think anybody's opinion should be discounted just questioned and that's what I have tried to do. I guess you're thinking more of a Frank Lampard type player at 10? I can see that, as you say they don't grow on trees but you would think a competent recruitment department would go for one in the summer (if not on loan).

I think LK has put it best in that Jackett has a crafty player with guile and vision available to him and he's not using him there. Whereas he is using a runner/ hard working player (Edwards) there consistently. I've watched 3 Jackett teams now and his style of play has been similar in all 3, get it wide and get it in (Millwall was very direct at times too) so I don't see him changing that much.

This whole argument with Edgemond has come about because he accused the club of showing no ambition in the transfer window and then not upgrading/ buying a midfield general (?) and a number 10.

I still don't think they have shown ambition

We have added RVLP in the summer, he is very raw
We have added Afobe...pleased with him but again will need developing

We are seventh knocking on the door....a couple of signings or loans would have made a major difference

O

We are seventh knocking on the door....a couple of signings or loans would have made a major difference

The loans can come from Monday....

im sure we can still get players on loan though?

im sure we can still get players on loan though?

Loan window reopens for the Football League from Monday (maybe Tuesday). One week after the transfer window shuts

They can....be too late by then...

By one week? Who could we of signed on deadline day who would make a massive difference from signing him one game later?
Now that the Transfer Window has closed, Premier League teams know who they have, who they need and who they can loan out

im sure we will get one or two signed then...we need them to really challenge..i feel we have a very young squad though and that we will be better next season(could be more difficult to gain promotion by then mind)

Bloody fucking hell.

By one week? Who could we of signed on deadline day who would make a massive difference from signing him one game later?
Now that the Transfer Window has closed, Premier League teams know who they have, who they need and who they can loan out
Let's wait and see.....

O

You still haven't answered my questions. Perhaps it's because you can't as your knowledge is just not up to it. There's no shame in saying you do t know enough about the game, just be man enough to admit it.

Let's wait and see.....

I like to look back and see how well Kenny Jackett and the backroom boys have done with the loan market, when needed.
As you say, though, we will see. We will also see just how well we perform with a fully functioning left winger back in the team

Back