• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Just catching up and I'm laughing because I'm as far as #4633 and I've just realised that Edgmond is Waggy!
He's back...

Well it's same same shite, aimed at the usual targets.

I know we've moved on a bit here, but that some people honestly believe that any business man would actively avoid the extra money from the Premier League is absolutely mind-numbing.

I don't think anyone has really accused the club, or certain people involved with it, of avoiding promotion to the Premier League, more that they perhaps aren't giving it the full beans to get there. A not arsed either way approach, opposed to determined not to go up.

I've looked back a few pages but didn't see any mention of Jordan Graham coming to us from Villa...
I'm sure one of you lot must have reported it and said something.....

Anyone point me to it?
What's he like?
Any good?
Position?

He was already here, just a rubber stamping exercise. Left mid / wing I believe, currently injured. Came from Villa with a reputation of being talented but fell out with them. U21's for the remainder of this season unless we have horrific injuries or dead games at the end

He's been here since November (and before that on trial). Can play wide either side or behind the striker but hasn't played any U21 games since he signed as he is injured.

Yeah like Hunte at Chelsea (who was very highly rated too) there has been a fall out of some kind. Hopefully their loss is our gain!

Yeah like Hunte at Chelsea (who was very highly rated too) there has been a fall out of some kind. Hopefully their loss is our gain!

Not sure Hunte will make it here, he still has attitude problems.

Now the current squad consists of

Keepers - 3 Ikeme, McCarey and Kruschak

RB - Doherty & Iorfa

LB - Golbourne & Hause ( really a CB)

CB - Baath, Stearman & EEL

CM - MacDonald, Price, Evans, Rowe

AM - Edwards

Wingers: Sako, RVLP, Henry & Jacobs

ST - Dicko and Afobe

That is only 21 players and we have 18 in a match day squad. So if you r fit u play !!!

Those in bold r the players who have good experience in this league = 8 and only 6 of those are outfield players

Others - Doyle, Ricketts and Saville on loan

Conclusion we have a young inexperienced squad with only 2 strikers and not 1 fit player for central midfield who has played regularly in this league before this season.

Of the teams above us we are so behind in goals scored its unreal and all we sign is 1 striker and let one go

If after reading this anyone thinks the club really wants to go up then you are deluded.

This in Spades

Short of an option at number ten

Short of a midfield general

What is McDonald if not a "midfield general"?

What is McDonald if not a "midfield general"?

I'd imagine that what he thinks he means is a Paul Ince/Gennaro Gattuso type ball winner. It's outdated bullshit, there aren't any (good) players left at this level who play like that and for a good reason. Maybe Scott Brown or Lee Cattermole, someone like that.

I think anyway, who knows what Edgmond really means. What's ironic about this is that Edgmond was probably one of those giving David Davis abuse at the start of last season and he was a 'snotter' if I've ever seen one.

Cattermole I'll allow, but my word do I think Scott Brown is shit.

Well, yeah. Has his uses though...

SNOTTA!

That is a laughably bad tackle. Not his most dangerous at all but you can tell he's expecting to kick the ball away with his left foot and he totally whiffs on it. Black deserves to get a right clattering, though.

Also, not getting booked til the 94th must be a new record for him.

The fact that it was in the 94th minute makes it worse IMO. He's waited until the last minute to deliberately hurt Black. Cowardly tackle.

The role of midfield hardman or snotta as i keep reading is dead, with the suits and refs making the game almost non contact. The role of the midfield general has developed and probably the best around at the moment would be Matic at Chelsea big, strong on the ball, comfortable in possession and with passing the ball. In Mcdonald we have this style of midfielder obviously not the same class but very capable at our level. Yours Keanes and Inces wouldn't be the same players today as the game has moved on.

Leon tries to explain why he inexplicably didn't play much for us but avoids having to mention that he is shit:

"When I found out Wigan wanted me, it was an easy decision really,” he said. “Wolves are a fantastic club, one that has always meant so much to me but for whatever reason I haven’t been playing as much as I would like so the opportunity to get games somewhere was very interesting for me.

“I’m really happy to be here at Wigan now and although the club is in a difficult position in the table, for me that’s a great challenge. It’s a chance for me to grab my opportunity to play and hopefully score some goals and help the club out of the position we’re in at the moment.

“Obviously a few players have left the club and a few have come in so the manager obviously wants to freshen it up and it’s a good challenge to be involved in.

“At Wolves, I don’t think the manager felt I fitted into the system of how he wanted to play, which of course is his decision but I still believe in myself and that I can score goals.

“I believe in my link up play and my ability to work hard for the team; something the manager has already been addressing with us in training today, along with the importance of working together as a team.”

For a player who has spent time in many different clubs, Clarke says it’s very rare to walk into a dressing room where he doesn’t know anyone – but that’s what’s happened here.

“Yes, normally, there’s someone I know, a familiar face to help me settle in, but not here, that’s a bit of a new experience for me. But to be honest, the boys here have been brilliant, it seems a really friendly and together dressing room and there’s a spirit and belief in there that we can start picking up points and climb the table.”

And his ambitions at Latics?

“Well, I want to score goals obviously, that’s what I’ve come to do, but really, if I can play my part, hit the ground running and help the team pick up momentum, then that’s the main thing. There are some really good players here but we need to start showing it by picking up some more points.”

Back