• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Wolves have enquired about a temporary deal for the Bodymoor Heath academy graduate while promotion rivals Bournemouth, Ipswich and Brentford are also believed to be interested, along with Nottingham Forest and Brighton.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...ton-villa-championship-clubs-queueing-8575417

I do think he would be a good signing, everytime I've seen him he's been his team's best player (County and Villa). I like the confidence he displays and I think it would be infectious. Can play behind the forward and back up for the wide positions.

Apparently we've signed the lad from Maidstone that was here on trial

So close!! Earlier in this thread I said we would sign the right back from Chorley.

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star
Re #Wolves interest in Jack Grealish, I'm reading between the lines here but I think it was a deal they had in place if @sakobakary26 left.

= Making shit up to try and get a story going?

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star
Re #Wolves interest in Jack Grealish, I'm reading between the lines here but I think it was a deal they had in place if @sakobakary26 left.

You called it the other week mate, incredible difference in how we were covered by them while Timbo was away and now we're back to normal.

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star

Maybe something Kenny considered while Sako was away in Africa.

Added RVLP to first team in the summer
Added Afobe to first team in the winter

Yeah thats right we add to an existing young group of players when required. We have a head coach who gives every opportunity to his squad by creating a coaching development culture.
The old model belongs in the bin ask Mauro Zárate if the old school culture is conducive to players producing their best form.

Still short of a number ten - an upgrade
Still short of a midfield general - an upgrade

Every team will always be short of an upgrade though. You get the, whateverthefucka, midfield general in and then its we need a new Right Winger - upgrade and so it keeps going. Much prefer to look at the team and think we need 1 or 2 players, rather than when KJ came in and we basically needed a new squad.

Still short of a number ten - an upgrade
Still short of a midfield general - an upgrade

I think your problem is that you want players that fit your ethos (based on KJ's system last season) and the manager clearly does not want a new 10, ball playing or not. I've been thinking the same way as have many others on here. Midfield Generals is a nonsense phrase that doesn't apply to any players anymore other than the press.

Every team will always be short of an upgrade though. You get the, whateverthefucka, midfield general in and then its we need a new Right Winger - upgrade and so it keeps going. Much prefer to look at the team and think we need 1 or 2 players, rather than when KJ came in and we basically needed a new squad.

I think Kenny has done a fantastic job for us.

Completely rebuilt the team, brought in a new style of play, got us promoted first time of asking, breaking records on the way

We are above where I thought we would be when we started the season

My frustration is we are knocking on the door of the play offs and we have only brought in one player

I think we are short of upgrading in those positions

Whilst I like Dangerous Dave, that position needs an upgrade to help us unlock defences

I think your problem is that you want players that fit your ethos (based on KJ's system last season) and the manager clearly does not want a new 10, ball playing or not. I've been thinking the same way as have many others on here. Midfield Generals is a nonsense phrase that doesn't apply to any players anymore other than the press.

You don't know what the manager wants

true - but neither do you Edgmond. Your list is by definition what you want. I definitely agree about it would have been great to upgrade David Edwards, but you also have to ask quite how much that would have cost.

As others have said midfield general doesn't really apply in the game in 2015. What would a Paul Ince pointing out the mistakes of others bring to the team? A Roy Keane figure now would be a disciplinary liability and would miss huge chunks of a season through suspension. When I think of general, I think the position is actually further back in the side. More of a Beckenbauer style player.

Ideally, we would LOVE to have a Paul Scholes but with tackling ability in the side, but they don't grow on trees.

Key point is the team and players within it have to adhere to the managers vision not other peoples vision. Eventually his stock rises or falls with the results he gathers during a certain time frame usually laid down by the board. Whether the manager should produce a more Aesthetically pleasing team and how that reflects attendance figures is another debate.

If we get promoted, those who argued we didn't need to upgrade, will have been shown to be right.
If we don't get promoted, then those who argued we should have upgraded, will have been shown to be right, because what we had wasn't good enough!

Back