• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

What's happening? Is it the run up to your next holiday?

Nah - having to learn to cope with being single again, sorting out the mortgage and being a single parent (for half the week anyway) for the first time! Not going to be much fun but life is sometimes meant to test you!!

Nah - having to learn to cope with being single again, sorting out the mortgage and being a single parent (for half the week anyway) for the first time! Not going to be much fun but life is sometimes meant to test you!!

Bloody hell Langers, sorry to hear that. Life is one big test, unfortunately.

All the best to you for the upcoming months.

You'll adjust Langers, it'll just take a bit of time. Probably less than you expect.

And as long as you are happier than you were when things were no good between you and your ex then that's the main thing.

I'm sorry....what ???

Sorry to hear that Langers - I know you have little ones so important to keep matters civil so that they don't get dragged into any involvement (my boys were at least grown up when mine ended)

It is something that can be overcome mate. Testing times, but you can get through them. As long as the little ones come through the best they can, that is the paramount thing to remember.

Paddy is right, the children are paramount but my heartfelt wishes to you and the kids.

Bolt out the blue there langers. Look after yourself & the kids matey!

There's a good set of people that'll help you through it mate (none of us cockpockets on here mind you, we'll only get you pissed at football matches:) ). You're a lot tougher and resourceful than you think and whilst not ideal, you'll find your true mettle now and surprise yourself and be a hero to your kids doing it too.

Sorry to hear that Langers..but I think you are the most level headed person on this forum (yeah even compared to me) and I think you will be alright in the end..always tough, have some friends that have gone through the same thing and they are more than happy now..

You'll adjust Langers, it'll just take a bit of time. Probably less than you expect.

And as long as you are happier than you were when things were no good between you and your ex then that's the main thing.

Excellent post Bear!
And Langers, it's dead right.
Throw yourself into your kids and smother them with love and affection and whatever you do, don't badmouth your wife regardless of how much she might deseve it, cause she's their Mum and they'll see her half the week so be the better man and bad mouth her to your mates and your Mum & Dad.
She can play all the games she wants, but try not to go there mate.

Good luck and so sorry again. Shit position to be forced into.

Last edited:
Sad that I was only able to celebrate ' Happy Father's ' with my Dad 14 times.

What I would do to be able to say it to him just one more time.

Really sorry to hear about your situation Langers.

I got divorced in 1996 after an eight year marriage. The split was reasonably amicable but still difficult.
I decided to move away from Wolverhampton in 1999 and make a fresh start. Got an internal transfer to Cheltenham and rented a flat in the area.
Met Mrs HW in 2002 and got married in 2003 - I've never been happier.

Things may look dark at the moment, but look after the kids and yourself and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.
Good luck to you. Keep strong.

Getting used to the idea that my mum may not be around for much longer. She has a heart condition which had been fine with her medication but her health has deteriorated over the last month or so and she has had 5 "episodes" in the last two and a half weeks. Struggling for breath, chest pain, pain in her arms and just looking frightfully frail. I know she's done well reaching 87 and having 8 children despite being born with a heart defect but still...I've kinda got used to having her around!

Then on top of that my youngest daughter was rushed into hospital last night/this morning with stomach pains and is on Morphine awaiting the results of her scan before any decision on surgery is made.
It never rains but it pours!

Being back in the cold UK - had a brilliant trip but it flew by.

And now it's over, there's no delaying the inevitable - the next 6 months are going to be the most difficult and challenging months of my life. I just hope I come through it the right way.

Sorry to hear your news Langers but everything I know of you from here suggests you will come through it the right way.

agree with TSB langers,

& Darlo, your mum has brought you up to be a fine upstanding gentleman. She is (I'm sure) very proud of you, as you are of her. Take advantage of the time you still have together.

I hope all is well with your daughter too matey!

Getting used to the idea that my mum may not be around for much longer. She has a heart condition which had been fine with her medication but her health has deteriorated over the last month or so and she has had 5 "episodes" in the last two and a half weeks. Struggling for breath, chest pain, pain in her arms and just looking frightfully frail. I know she's done well reaching 87 and having 8 children despite being born with a heart defect but still...I've kinda got used to having her around!

Then on top of that my youngest daughter was rushed into hospital last night/this morning with stomach pains and is on Morphine awaiting the results of her scan before any decision on surgery is made.
It never rains but it pours!

Feel for you Mike. Whatever age we get to we think that our Mother's will be around forever. Doesn't happen for any of us, but harder when its been the one who has been a constant in your life. 14 yrs ago for my mother & it still, at times, affects me now (& I'm nearly a 'pensioner' myself). There are still a couple of photos I have of her that I cannot look at without getting emotional.

Just glad that in the last few months I didn't use the excuse of being to busy with family/work & spent a fair bit of time with her as it was clear that she was starting to succumb to her health problems.

PS Hope that you get good news re your daughter after the scan & that it is something simple to resolve.

A work colleague who's been battling cancer for the last 12mths, Wolves fan and damn good golfer lost his battle on Tuesday night at the ripe old age of 43.

Puts getting knocked out of a World Cup into perspective for me.

Back