• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

I spent the last month visiting and sitting with my nearest neighbour (about 1/2 a kilometre away).
he's 84 and his wife died a month ago, he's Greek, she was Austrian and they worked together in a hospital in Austria before they retired. She had serious hip problems and got around on a Zimmer, but was always cheerful.
Whenever i sat with him he talked about the fact they had been together 58 years and what would he do now.
I did my best to bouy him up, he went back to austria for 2 weeks to sort out STUFF, and arrived back in Athens four days ago to start life on his own here.
He stopped off, half way back, at a friends house on the way from the airport. they ate and drank together and he went to bed. he never woke up.

Did the fact he was home without her and he realised this become the reason he quit life?? don't know but i really wish, with my big mouth, i could have found some important words.

That is so sad Pav. I think when you have been with someone for as long as your neighbours had, then I think you can die of a broken heart x

That is so sad Pav. I think when you have been with someone for as long as your neighbours had, then I think you can die of a broken heart x

I believe that Sooze, my mom lasted 9 months after my dad. Being Greek she wore black for 6 months , went to grey for three, as is the custom here, and then when she could go back to (normal) she died with exactly the same cancer as he did, and she's never been ill a day in her life. What the hell for us bad bastards, but when it is such a loving couple, it stinks!

My friend and neighbour who had a heart attack last night. This makes me extremely sad.

The film March Of The Penguins , dont know why I watch it. Penguin in this life, hopefully not in my next .

Looks like there has been a shooting outside the Britannia tonight.

Looks like there has been a shooting outside the Britannia tonight.

Not been a good few weeks for the Britannia, the Guess & Stir are tweeting that they've arrested one man with the disorder.

Two men I liked and respected very much have died within 3 weeks of each other. Both from the same family. Such nice people. Such a shame.

Last game of the season for me in the morning.

Time to get fat, or possibly find another form of exercise that I don't hate.

Probably for the best that doesn't spawn any offspring at all actually!

This

BlqV0CWCIAA1Efy.png

Only the Daily Mail can attack Christians on Easter and steal from a food bank :facepalm:

This

BlqV0CWCIAA1Efy.png

Only the Daily Mail can attack Christians on Easter and steal from a food bank :facepalm:

I think he was making a point James, like a lot of journalists do...

He did return all the food. So it's not really stealing....

I think he was making a point James, like a lot of journalists do...

He did return all the food. So it's not really stealing....

but still it's a total farce that it happened in the 1st place mind you that's the Daily fail in general.

Back