• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Promise of work hasn't come off soon enough, so am postponing my trip over to have lots to drink with lots of guys off here...
Oh and to watch Wolves play Bristol City....

Looking like late February now....

(goes off to check fixture list....)

Tomorrow is the 18th anniversary of my Dads passing. I think about him all the time and will be raising a pint of Guinness to him when I get to Wolves

Travelled to Cork today to lay my Great Aunt to rest. She was 85, grew up in Scotland, had 3 kids, 5 grandkids and a number of great grandkids. Witty, sharp even after copious amounts of gin and always forward thinking, she will be dearly missed. My favourite memory of her is when I was in the house visiting my cousin, my cousin and her mates were sitting round doing homework and my Aunt popped in and said - " Gosh Robert, how will you satisfy all these women?"

Nice service in a small church in Carrigaline, then laid to rest in a beautiful crematorium built into the cliffside in Ringaskiddy. The place was on a small island facing Cobh, a big tunnel with seats and a memorial area. Very fitting as my Aunt had spent her last days believing she was under Dover Castle (where she spent a large part of WW2 as my Great Grandfather fought with the Lovatt Scouts in Norway) and the crematorium was exactly like the Grand Shaft in Dover.

Was great to see all the relatives from Scotland but I hate how it always takes a funeral to bring everyone together

The center of my exhaust has broken off my car and the handbrake has broken so it's not been a good start to my day.

The center of my exhaust has broken off my car and the handbrake has broken so it's not been a good start to my day.

If you can find the bit of the exhaust that fell off James, rub it with a bit of wet & dry and you can use that for your handbrake handle.

#Handylittletip

Having booked my flights over for the Carlisle game, spoke to The Drummer and he told me can't make it. Lots of prior engagements and demands on expenditure.
That's made me sad.

Sat my 'Fire Marshall' refresher course today, one of the videos I had to sit through was the Valley Parade fire, no matter how many times I've seen it's still bloody horrific !

Sat my 'Fire Marshall' refresher course today, one of the videos I had to sit through was the Valley Parade fire, no matter how many times I've seen it's still bloody horrific !
Done a few & seen the same video each time, & it still amazes me to this day how quickly it all happened.

When the hooks on your favourite bra call it a day. I bloody loved that bra .

I spoke to a norwegian man yesterday.His grandfather joined the R.A.F in the second world war.He went back to Norway after the war.He flew in the bombing missions that obliterated Hamburg.It was reported that 50,000 civillians were killed in one night. Mostly women and children.300 times the civilians that were killed in Coventry , during the whole war.The planes were built with the only purpose to carpet bomb cities.Knowing that the vast majority would be defenceless people.

He went on to suffer with severe depression.He died , never forgiving himself , for the deaths of women and children his bombs would have caused.

This post in no way defends German actions during the war.But was an eye opener ,to me.

I spoke to a norwegian man yesterday.His grandfather joined the R.A.F in the second world war.He went back to Norway after the war.He flew in the bombing missions that obliterated Hamburg.It was reported that 50,000 civillians were killed in one night. Mostly women and children.300 times the civilians that were killed in Coventry , during the whole war.The planes were built with the only purpose to carpet bomb cities.Knowing that the vast majority would be defenceless people.

He went on to suffer with severe depression.He died , never forgiving himself , for the deaths of women and children his bombs would have caused.

This post in no way defends German actions during the war.But was an eye opener ,to me.

Reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse 5, set in Dresden during the Allied bombing.

Not so much a 'Sad' post, more of a can't be arsed post, but it depresses me a bit..
Well.... The deal's done.
Hotel in Tenerife booked, flights booked.
Christmas in the sun.
woo hoo....

I think I'm a bit ungrateful here, but I know it's a very nice gesture, in laws paying to take us all away for 9 days over Christmas. Very kind and all of that...
But it's in a fucking big hotel smack in the middle of a lot of others. be about 3,000 people there.... I just can't get enthusiastic about it.
Just had a look at it and we have a suite, a lounge and seperate bedroom.
*Sigh*, can't get excited about it at all.

It just seems a bit soulless....
I have about 8 months to come to terms with it and sort my shit out and start getting excited...
Oh, and by the way, we depart Dublin at 0700 which means getting up and out and our 21 month old daughter out of bed at 0300...
and the return flight departs around midnight which means arr Dublin around 4am home around 6am on New Years Eve.....
aw fuck.

tough life there Roy. I'd be gutted too.

(Only kidding - you will have a good time in the end I am sure)

Ive had a bad week and its getting worse. I supposed to be going to Budapest next Tuesday, Im only just out of surgery after my Kidney Stones and cant afford to risk going :-(

Oh and Roy sorry to hear that your holiday is not going to be what you expected... :/

Ive had a bad week and its getting worse. I supposed to be going to Budapest next Tuesday, Im only just out of surgery after my Kidney Stones and cant afford to risk going :-(

Oh and Roy sorry to hear that your holiday is not going to be what you expected... :/
Why not Quirk?
I understand kidney stones are excrutiatingly painful, but I didn't know they were a surgery item!
But what's the risk?

Yeah I know...
Thanks for the concern.
I'll try to make the best of it...

I like Christmas, especially for Susie, with presents and a tree and all of that festive Christmas stuff surrounded by family in front of a nice fire looking forward to a home cooked dinner...
Now we'll be in a crowded hotel, surrounded by thousands of Germans, a dodgy tree, some random decorations and continental churned out Christmas dinner....
With plastic stuffing...

Im still pissing blood and knowing my luck Ill grab another infection whilst Im over there. Just my mindset I suppose. The doctor said its ok but I just don't know :-(

Cant you do anything about moving Roy ?

Back