• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

He’s gonna have to be quite patient I think! He obviously thinks he has “unfinished business” in England but I don’t see many jobs that he’d be interested in coming up. And there’s quite a small pool who would also be looking at him.
He's not young (57 now), doesn't speak very good English, wouldn't appeal to top 6 clubs on anything other than basically an interim basis, doesn't play attacking football and evidently has no interest in anything approaching a relegation scrap. Clearly an absolute pain in the arse when he doesn't get what he wants.

Doesn't leave many. Probably waiting for West Ham to not renew Moyes' contract and that's it.

Bit a pointless exercise trying to decide whether we'd have been better or worse under Lop but I'll have a punt. I suspect we'd have been more or less where we are now. Maybe have won a few more of the 'easy' games but would he have been brave enough in the other games?
Obviously this is based on the money he was allowed to spend, if he had been given at least what he was promised (the second time) it would be a different story.

He’s gonna have to be quite patient I think! He obviously thinks he has “unfinished business” in England but I don’t see many jobs that he’d be interested in coming up. And there’s quite a small pool who would also be looking at him.
Exactly! If he didn’t fancy it here, he’s not going to fancy an Everton, or Palace, or Forest (unless the profile doesn’t matter to him - but the evidence says otherwise). West Ham? Can’t imagine they’ll get rid of Moyes any time soon.

No top 6 side will want him. Maybe he thought he might get a look in at Villa, but they’re flying. There’s genuinely no where. And the bloke comes across like damaged goods when you look at his history.

He clearly thinks very highly of himself is all I can say.

Fab says Lop is “holding out for a PL job”. Er, Julen - you had one and you walked away from it a week before the season started.

I was fully behind the Lop-train when we announced him. Now I think the blokes a bellend.

The signs are it’s worked out well for us, so that’s all I care about, really.
Harsh but fair, I'd say 🤣

He's not young (57 now), doesn't speak very good English, wouldn't appeal to top 6 clubs on anything other than basically an interim basis, doesn't play attacking football and evidently has no interest in anything approaching a relegation scrap. Clearly an absolute pain in the arse when he doesn't get what he wants.

Doesn't leave many. Probably waiting for West Ham to not renew Moyes' contract and that's it.
Yeah I was actually going to say he’s basically just waiting for West Ham (which may have happened in the summer had they not won the conference league).

You lot aren't listening to me (a wise move actually) he's waiting for the United job.

Absolutely no chance Man Utd would appoint him. Bar sacking Walter Shite now and wanting someone to see the rest of the season through.

Bit a pointless exercise trying to decide whether we'd have been better or worse under Lop but I'll have a punt. I suspect we'd have been more or less where we are now. Maybe have won a few more of the 'easy' games but would he have been brave enough in the other games?
Obviously this is based on the money he was allowed to spend, if he had been given at least what he was promised (the second time) it would be a different story.
Position-wise, I think you're right, but perhaps the general atmosphere within the squad and around the club in general might not have been quite so rosy as it is now. It's not been this good since peak Nuno.

Exactly! If he didn’t fancy it here, he’s not going to fancy an Everton, or Palace, or Forest (unless the profile doesn’t matter to him - but the evidence says otherwise). West Ham? Can’t imagine they’ll get rid of Moyes any time soon.

No top 6 side will want him. Maybe he thought he might get a look in at Villa, but they’re flying. There’s genuinely no where. And the bloke comes across like damaged goods when you look at his history.

He clearly thinks very highly of himself is all I can say.
I think he'd go to Forest, same size as us, Mendes links and FFP appears to be a theory rather than a reality, so probably a decent budget. You never really know with their owners but Cooper looks pretty secure at the moment

It'd be hilarious to me if he ends up replacing Kompany. He wouldn't, but it'd still be funny as shit.

At least then he'd get Antonio and Cresswell.

I think he'd go to Forest, same size as us, Mendes links and FFP appears to be a theory rather than a reality, so probably a decent budget. You never really know with their owners but Cooper looks pretty secure at the moment
I'd argue we're a bigger club than Forest (not even had a top half PL finish since 1996) and the finances with them have to bite at some point. We're also a better team than them right now, they couldn't even finish above us last season despite having a half season Lage/Davis inspired head start.

I think we have a better recently history, I don't think we are a bigger club, in the same way I don't think we are bigger than Sheff Wed, Sunderland or Leeds.

I'd argue we're a bigger club than Forest (not even had a top half PL finish since 1996) and the finances with them have to bite at some point. We're also a better team than them right now, they couldn't even finish above us last season despite having a half season Lage/Davis inspired head start.
And the forest owner (nice greek chap) is a famous crook over here, alledgedly.

I think my view on lop is being coloured slightly by GoN not being awful.

I reckon I wouldn't think so negatively of Lop if we were near the bottom of the league.

I could see him at Everton - despite their recent troubles they are an established Premier League club. Quite a lot of work to do to get them into European contention mind.

He did do a marvellous job here last year - helped a fair bit by the World Cup pre-season - but he won't have enough credit in the bank to get in with the big boys. I also imagine his conduct here in the summer may have put a few clubs off taking a punt (and he has form for that behaviour generally).

Back