• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

We have no choice except to suck it up and move on. We don’t like what has happened, but tough……
If you decide no longer to support the club, then good luck and find something else to do.
Otherwise at least give the incoming manager a chance.
He may or may not be a good choice but for fans to turn against him before he’s even arrived seems self indulgent to me.
You can be a Wolves fan and dislike the manager.

It's not a combined choice and almost childish to think so.

I’ve got no reason to hate GON, I’ll support him until he does something that makes me not want to. Just being a shit appointment isn’t enough of a reason.

I’m done lining Fosuns pockets though. Not spending a £ at the ground again and there is no chance I’m buying any merch. Which is a shame as I quite like the home kit this year!

On the verge of regretting my ST renewal but my love of the club just about negates that. A lot of work to do convincing me to do the same again next year though.
Here's some Lage-esque drivel to whet your appetite

Like some others have said and aside from how we got here, I have no issue with GON as far as panic recruitment goes. If it has to be a panic I'd rather have the option who was a success (relatively speaking) at his last club, in the same league we are in only a summer ago.

Will save my judgement in his ability for Wolves for the season ahead. Still clinging to that Rennes friendly for my ray of hope.

I don’t have access but does this tell us anything we didn’t already know? I’m also assuming holiday Steve didn’t actually write any of it

There's a lot in there that make Lopetegui sound genuinely unhinged.

'His inner circle was tight and he could be paranoid to the extent that other long-serving club staff had to email for permission to watch training.'

Jesus Christ hahahaha

Anyone else wake up and take a moment to realise this wasn't all just a bad dream?

'His inner circle was tight and he could be paranoid to the extent that other long-serving club staff had to email for permission to watch training.'

Jesus Christ hahahaha
Pravda would be proud of that.

Jesus Christ hahahaha

Talented person in 'being a bit weird' shocker

GON could be as hinged as they come, but it'll be small comfort when we're scratting around the bottom of the table with him

Hinged is just a new way of spelling doormat. That Madeley article is a club-sponsored smear.

I think Lopetegui is a fair way short of blameless in this but for holiday Steve to get wifi in his rain soaked tent to barf out the club line in propaganda is pathetic.

Talented person in 'being a bit weird' shocker

GON could be as hinged as they come, but it'll be small comfort when we're scratting around the bottom of the table with him

This seems a bit more extreme than being a bit weird. It doesn't sound healthy at all.

Before matches he was said to become incredibly wound up, described by one source as a “nervous wreck”, becoming so stressed and frenzied that people thought it was bad for his health.

Lopetegui and his lieutenants would often shut themselves away from everyone else, especially after defeats when Lopetegui was known to stay in his office all week.

You can be a Wolves fan and dislike the manager.

It's not a combined choice and almost childish to think so.

Of course you don't have to like the manager, but wanting him to do badly means the team does badly.

No matter how much I despise the guy in charge, actively wanting the team to lose is lunacy.

O'Neil is a very bad choice, but - as unlikely as it is - I'd like nothing more than for him to prove us all wrong and do well for us.

This seems a bit more extreme than being a bit weird. It doesn't sound healthy at all.

Before matches he was said to become incredibly wound up, described by one source as a “nervous wreck”, becoming so stressed and frenzied that people thought it was bad for his health.

Lopetegui and his lieutenants would often shut themselves away from everyone else, especially after defeats when Lopetegui was known to stay in his office all week.
Says the club propaganda machine. I mean, come on! The other side is silenced by an NDA and then fuckwit holiday cunt pollutes the internet with this?

Of course you don't have to like the manager, but wanting him to do badly means the team does badly.

No matter how much I despise the guy in charge, actively wanting the team to lose is lunacy.

O'Neil is a very bad choice, but - as unlikely as it is - I'd like nothing more than for him to prove us all wrong and do well for us.
Bigger picture stuff.

Hoping GoN does well is admirable of you but it's the equivalent of buying a robin reliant and hoping you win the F1 championship in it.

Says the club propaganda machine. I mean, come on! The other side is silenced by an NDA and then fuckwit holiday cunt pollutes the internet with this?
Amazing how all this info on Lop comes out less than 24 hours after he leaves. Tim Spiers has written that article btw. PTS is too busy singing ging gang goolie round the campfire.

Amazing how all this info on Lop comes out less than 24 hours after he leaves. Tim Spiers has written that article btw. PTS is too busy singing ging gang goolie round the campfire.
Yep, it reads like a Spiers piece. It doesn't really say anything Johnny Phillips wasn't saying earlier in the week just with a twist of hyperbole.

I think it's pathetic that local journalists are more interested in protecting their relationship with the club rather than informing their readers. Similar pieces were released about Lage but again only once he'd gone. Then the likes of Judah get all uppity when people call out their club written FFP line for the bollocks that it is. No wonder people don't treat them as credible

Let’s be honest: these pieces are going to come out, there has been unrest for 3 months and plenty of bizarre events during Lop’s tenure (Jimenez outburst, Moutinho disappearing from the face of the earth) so none of the claims he’s a bit odd and prickly are surprising to me.

Back