• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do some people actually watch the way we play? Neves will not be picking Afobe out with through balls, because we don't play that way and neither do teams play against us with a high line so there won't be room in behind for him to run into. He's not a link player either, never has been, never will be.

In theory he actually could. Neves has played several through balls this season usually to Doherty to be fair or a little ball over the top for Jota but never to Leo because he doesn't go in behind or get in the gaps between defenders all that often. Afobe would definitely do that more and that would enable Neves to play those balls through to him if they were available. I don't think his link play is anywhere near Leo but Nuno did say he wanted players to either be a lot better than what we had or to provide different characteristics which he definitely does.

On Saturday we played without Leo and that front 3 brings something different to when he is in it and Afobe would provide that too. Not saying i particularly want him but don't understand people writing him off completely because he doesn't play like Leo when that's probably why we are interested.

Those balls are diagonally out wide though and behind the full back, not through the middle where more often that not centre halves sit deep

Those balls are diagonally out wide though and behind the full back, not through the middle where more often that not centre halves sit deep

Yes that's what i am saying because Leo doesn't make those movements, he comes short drags defenders out of the way and links play. Benik is more likely to try and get in between and in behind defenders which would allow Ruben to play those passes. Can't remember the game now but he played a little ball over the top of a deep defence that Costa volleyed over first time and that's the type of movement we would want of Afobe if we got him in imo.

Leo makes numerous runs in behind but we never play him the ball, NEVER. Whether this is the players missing the run, or lolzing at the fact the slowest player on the pitch is trying to run in behind I don’t know. But he does gesture to make the run a lot but never gets the ball

Just because we play one way with one set of players doesn't mean we can't adapt. We very much play to suit Leo when he plays, when he doesn't things are far more fluid but lack a focal point.

Afobe would be a good option but at 10 million no thank you very much.

Maybe its 5 million who knows??

There have been quite a lot of subtle changes in the way we play this season so to say we wouldn't be able to play to Afobe strengths is bollocks if you ask me.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Leo makes numerous runs in behind but we never play him the ball, NEVER. Whether this is the players missing the run, or lolzing at the fact the slowest player on the pitch is trying to run in behind I don’t know. But he does gesture to make the run a lot but never gets the ball
Hallelujah! ... he does and I've said it numerous times when people keep saying he's "done nothing"

This thread has become hilarious. I feel sorry for some of the contributors :icon_biggrin:

I don't see the issue with taking Afobe IF there is no OBLIGATION to buy. I wouldn't mind an option, but I'd rather we could send him back if he doesn't offer anything new.

I'm skeptical he would fit into this team, as adapting to him would seriously hinder some of our other creative players I suspect, however I wouldn't be totally against seeing if it worked. Provided we don't then get saddled with him anyway if it doesnt. He might prove to be a huge success and will offer something different.

Doesn't appear to have played much football.

No - I always thought that was a good point that Kenny Jackett made. If a player is say, 22 and has played 100 games or so that's a good sign. For me it is also shows they're not made of biscuits

No - I always thought that was a good point that Kenny Jackett made. If a player is say, 22 and has played 100 games or so that's a good sign. For me it is also shows they're not made of biscuits

Quick search on twitter reveals his agent is working very hard to get him a move to just about any club in any country.

If Afobe had never played here and we bought him in from Bournemouth I would wonder why!

I know somebody who has worked at an AFCB players house today. Says he cant talk about Benik. Then when mentioned we we're 12 point clear at the top of the championship he replied 'yeah yeah. benik was talking about this this morning..'

Probably means nothing but it was being talked about .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I know somebody who has worked at an AFCB players house today. Says he cant talk about Benik. Then when mentioned we we're 12 point clear at the top of the championship he replied 'yeah yeah. benik was talking about this this morning..'

Probably means nothing but it was being talked about .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:icon_lol:

"I can't talk about Benik...... But I will anyway."

Howe says nothing is happening, we have to accept that as fact now. Afobe isnt coming and never was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back