• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it's possible for you to fuck it up, you will.
You should just be thankful I didn't find out the Jota news at the same time I was eating that chicken burger you served me up earlier. Had I have done, you'd have had a pebbledash covered forehead. Now stfu.

It wasn't a chicken burger you cunt. It was a bbqd tikka thigh with mint yoghurt in a sourdough bun.

You should just be thankful I didn't find out the Jota news at the same time I was eating that chicken burger you served me up earlier. Had I have done, you'd have had a pebbledash covered forehead. Now stfu.

To be fair Jinks... Wop’s ‘Brigstockesque’ forehead IS a pretty large target... [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were always going to sign Diogo. I wonder if this is a public statement to a potential target to indicate the direction we're moving in rather than to placate fans, who shouldn't really need placating given we're 12 points clear

I don't think the deal was in the bag to that extent - if Diogo had turned down the option to stay here and Atletico were still looking to sell in the summer (at presumably, a much higher price than we pre-agreed last July) then he would have plenty of suitors from across Europe, bona fide top six clubs as well.

I tend to resist overrating our own players but having watched what he's capable of (and still so young too) - he's a conceivable upgrade for Spurs on any or all of Son/Lamela/Sissoko who frequently fill one of their AM roles. That's Spurs who've finished at least 6th in every season since 2009/10.

I don't think the deal was in the bag to that extent - if Diogo had turned down the option to stay here and Atletico were still looking to sell in the summer (at presumably, a much higher price than we pre-agreed last July) then he would have plenty of suitors from across Europe, bona fide top six clubs as well.

I tend to resist overrating our own players but having watched what he's capable of (and still so young too) - he's a conceivable upgrade for Spurs on any or all of Son/Lamela/Sissoko who frequently fill one of their AM roles. That's Spurs who've finished at least 6th in every season since 2009/10.

I appreciate that I haven't seen Jota as often as you but surely he can't be compared to the likes of Son yet.

I appreciate that I haven't seen Jota as often as you but surely he can't be compared to the likes of Son yet.

He's the best player in the division and 20 years old.

He's only going to get better and this season in the championship will have given him a wealth of experience

He's the best player in the division and 20 years old.

He's only going to get better and this season in the championship will have given him a wealth of experience

Not sure I agree with the top bit but you could make a strong argument.

Just think saying Jota is an upgrade on Son is maybe a bit OTT at the mo.

Son has been brilliant this season. Jota can't be compared with him, currently, I agree. However, I'd say Jota's ceiling is higher than Son.

Agree with Deutsch, though. Jota would walk in to 10+ Premier League sides right now. Possibly more.

Son has been brilliant this season. Jota can't be compared with him, currently, I agree. However, I'd say Jota's ceiling is higher than Son.

Agree with Deutsch, though. Jota would walk in to 10+ Premier League sides right now. Possibly more.

Can't really argue with that, I don't think.

Not sure I agree with the top bit but you could make a strong argument.

Just think saying Jota is an upgrade on Son is maybe a bit OTT at the mo.

Who is better than him in the division?

I saw Son play plenty for HSV when he was Jota's age.

Night and day.

I'm with Al, he's not as good as Son yet, Lamela pre-injury was starting to look the part under Pochettino too so hard to draw a comparison there with him only recently returning to fitness. He's obviously better than Sissoko but that's hardly a compliment is it.

Who is better than him in the division?

Boly, for my money. And honestly if you wanted me to choose one between Jota and Cavaleiro I'd have to really think about it.

Okay I can see that but what Boly doesn't have (IMO) is the potential to play at the very top level like Jota.

Without wanting to get all Football Manager here I'd say current ability + potential = best player in the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back