• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, no one is aware what our summer targets list is, or who is currently being profiled. In the summer I had no idea who any of our signings were, but it was clear they had pedigree and quality after initial reading on them.

What if the summer list is made up of similarly outlandish targets, or the next level of promising talent but with the added attraction of being in the prem and having access to paying higher wages and fees.

based on the evidence of what we have seen so far, we are as likely to sign 4 or 5 guys only the footy manager types have heard of, as we are someone like Kevin Gamerio. Someone of clear talent and reputation but who will play purely for the money. That sounds negative, but look at the effect Adebayour and Tevez had on City. Despite largely being viewed as negative by a lot of people, there part of the project was short term planning based.

There are a lot of exciting unknown elements to discussing us now!

Alan Nixon thinks we are going in for a Permanent signing of Afobe. No loan deal at all.

He has a pretty shit hit rate when it comes to transfer talk though

Not keen on Nixon usually, but this answer to the villa fan about Afobe is excellent

1597ea4d327db72dde6131f4a7dc9ed4.jpg

Alan Nixon thinks we are going in for a Permanent signing of Afobe. No loan deal at all.

He has a pretty shit hit rate when it comes to transfer talk though

Be very surprised if we go for an immediate purchase - not really the way we have done business this year

Alan Nixon‏
@reluctantnicko
Wolves. Serious about Afobe return now. That could happen.

Loan with view to perm Al?

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
Buy I’m told

Alan Nixon
‏@reluctantnicko
Wolves want him. Bournemouth want rid. Down to player.

Would love to see Benik back at Wolves. I'd trust Nuno to get the best out of a quality player.

I think Ben will do well if we get him but he's a fucking cunt and I don't like him.

This feels like a posh version of the Leon Clarke transfer.

Afobe is actually good though

I think Afobe could work for us. He can play in the number 10 role and hold the ball up a bit and also has the pace we need to hit teams on the break

He is OKAAAY

He is nowhere near good enough for what we should be recruiting for in June. So we burn £10m for 17 games. Fucking daft.

He is OKAAAY

He is nowhere near good enough for what we should be recruiting for in June. So we burn £10m for 17 games. $#@!ing daft.
Personally I don't know if we're going to revamp the whole team this summer. I think the big changes will come if we manage a Europa qualification.

Honestly I think we may be better off next year if we keep the squad mostly the same (with one or two key upgrades).

If it was that easy then I am struggling to understand why Bournemouth aren't beating off a row of expectant suitors to allow us to buy him. Or indeed aren't able to flog Grabban at a profit.

Personally I don't know if we're going to revamp the whole team this summer. I think the big changes will come if we manage a Europa qualification.

Honestly I think we may be better off next year if we keep the squad mostly the same (with one or two key upgrades).

Nah - Fosun aren't in this for shits and giggles. I expect a monster summer.

Nah - Fosun aren't in this for $#@!s and giggles. I expect a monster summer.
Not saying they are, but even for them a huge spending spree immediately upon promotion is a massive risk. Although tbf they've only explicitly told us the plan to get promoted. What they plan to do after that is anyone's guess.

Right now our only permanent striker is Mir. I don't think we'll sign Bonatini to play in the prem (assuming we get there) although we might to sell him to a championship club at a profit

Depends who you ask. Remember there's some dispute over his best position (though I think it's hard to argue that Man City, lined up as the striker, wasn't his best performance in a Wolves shirt).

Bright will be loaned out to a championship club next season I reckon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back