• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should have him back just so the phrase 'badge-kissing Ben' gets more use.

I think we should have him back just so the phrase 'badge-kissing Ben' gets more use.

To be fair I've been running that for two years now. I would have thought it was coming to the end of its sell-by date.

I only coined it to annoy Lycan in the first place as well :icon_lol:

If it’s just a loan then it’s pretty risk free. If it was Afobe on loan or nothing then I’d go Afobe.

It’s not really risk free unless we sign one of loanees permanently.

One of Leo, Boly, Vinagre, N’Diaye Or Jota would have to drop out of the match day squad and if Douglas got injured it would cause us a problem.

Spiers lauding Benik's touch and movement, which the Bournemouth fans seem to be saying are his worst attributes. :icon_lol:

I won't be upset if he turns up on loan, tbh, providing we can secure one of our current loanees on permanent (Jota please). He might give us a different option that Nuno wants to implement but doesn't currently have the personnel.

I've never thought Afobe was particularly technically gifted and so I don't understand the clamour for him.

Afobe just before he left being fed by Jota and Cavaleiro is a dream of a concept. It’s a gamble, sure, but one worth taking if it’s just for a loan.

Afobe just before he left being fed by Jota and Cavaleiro is a dream of a concept. It’s a gamble, sure, but one worth taking if it’s just for a loan.

Afobe has proved he's not good enough for the top division and we've already proved we have enough quality to win this division so why would we need him?

Not sure Jota or Cav are that sort of player to be feeding a striker running through though

I've never thought Afobe was particularly technically gifted and so I don't understand the clamour for him.

Me neither. I thought pre-injury Dicko was the superior footballer (although far less clinical), Afobe is a very poor man's Ian Wright as far as I'm concerned. Which is fine to a point, etc etc.

Mentioned it on my thread last night but I'm not sure any other club gets so relentlessly linked with ex-players as we do (and in turn, no other set of fans have so many ex-players on their wishlist).

Not sure Jota or Cav are that sort of player to be feeding a striker running through though

Indeed, they like to play off a striker not have one running away from them. Look at the goal Jota scored at Forest where Leo flicks the ball round the corner to release him. Afobe isn't the type of player that can do that and never has been.

We’ve not proved anything yet... we are looking good but it ain’t over till it’s over. Signing a proven Championship goalscorer could just give us the extra points to guarantee promotion. He gives us a different option to Leo and let’s be honest - money isn’t a problem.

Even if we signed him permanently - he could be third choice next season and we sell him off to another Championship side... I don’t get what the problem is at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, they like to play off a striker not have one running away from them. Look at the goal Jota scored at Forest where Leo flicks the ball round the corner to release him. Afobe isn't the type of player that can do that and never has been.
But if you take the Forest game we needed something different and we didn't have it. Maybe a player like Benik would give us the option to try something different in games like that.

Personally not fussed what happens with this but i can see why we would make a short term move for him.

I'd still have him on loan until the end of the season like a shot though, wouldn't be buying him.

But if you take the Forest game we needed something different and we didn't have it. Maybe a player like Benik would give us the option to try something different in games like that.

Personally not fussed what happens with this but i can see why we would make a short term move for him.

That's a very good point - he'd have been ideal as the focal point of our second half attack formation

That's a very good point - he'd have been ideal as the focal point of our second half attack formation

Maybe, but where was the space in behind?

The way teams played against us from Jan-May 2015 (when we were decent, but nothing spectacular in this league) is very different to how teams play against us now. Benik (or whoever) is not going to have 40-50 yards of space to run into.

Maybe, but where was the space in behind?

The way teams played against us from Jan-May 2015 (when we were decent, but nothing spectacular in this league) is very different to how teams play against us now. Benik (or whoever) is not going to have 40-50 yards of space to run into.

There were a couple of times against forest (and in the first swansea game) where Leo had the ball in front of him, or at his feet, and wasn't able to finish it. Again I don;t think we should buy him, but if the choice is Mir or Afobe on the bench for the rest of the season I'd have Afobe or both.

We’ve not proved anything yet... we are looking good but it ain’t over till it’s over. Signing a proven Championship goalscorer could just give us the extra points to guarantee promotion. He gives us a different option to Leo and let’s be honest - money isn’t a problem.

Even if we signed him permanently - he could be third choice next season and we sell him off to another Championship side... I don’t get what the problem is at all.

***Tired cliche Klaxon***

We've been doing just fine without this cliche this season.

I'm not sure that was the issue, I think it was more to do with the way we were playing but I do accept different options may make a difference from time to time but do we really need that to happen this season?

I'm not sure that was the issue, I think it was more to do with the way we were playing but I do accept different options may make a difference from time to time but do we really need that to happen this season?

you do whatever is required to get over the line don't ya.

We will be ok but I can see why we would make a move. It must also be Wolves trying to replicate our last promotion but on a higher scale by signing an ex player in January.

***Tired cliche Klaxon***

We've been doing just fine without this cliche this season.

Is it easy to be such a smug, condescending prick or do you really have to work hard at it..?

You’d get more respect for your opinions if you answered the points raised in my post rather than trying to get a cheap laugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back