• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I've been a little confused by people's desire for Zohore this season. Whenever I've seen him in the past he just looks like a big unit but not a particularly good footballer, a sort of Cameron Jerome if you will.

If I remember rightly people on here were impressed with him when he played against us last season

To be honest I've been a little confused by people's desire for Zohore this season. Whenever I've seen him in the past he just looks like a big unit but not a particularly good footballer, a sort of Cameron Jerome if you will.

In the way we play with the striker being a link player, Zohore would be perfect. Cardiff used him brilliantly at Molineux and he caused no ends of problem with his link play and movement.

We are fast moving ahead though and whilst he would be a superb option for the remainder of this season he would probably just be a back up option in the Prem and we are not really going to spend a fuck load to cover a position.

Didn't Cardiff turn down a £15m bid from Everton in the summer or am I making that one up in my head?

In the way we play with the striker being a link player, Zohore would be perfect. Cardiff used him brilliantly at Molineux and he caused no ends of problem with his link play and movement.

We are fast moving ahead though and whilst he would be a superb option for the remainder of this season he would probably just be a back up option in the Prem and we are not really going to spend a fuck load to cover a position.

Didn't Cardiff turn down a £15m bid from Everton in the summer or am I making that one up in my head?
It's not a skill set I've ever seen from him in the past, though I've not seen anything at all of him this season. I'd have had him down more like Dicko on stilts rather than Bonatini in rocket powered boots.

He was definitely more a Leo than a Nouho this season. I think Colin wanted to use him like that today but then he instructed the rest of his team to lamp the ball anywhere when they finally got it back from City

Reminds me of a bit crapper Collymore...(that's a compliment)
He can turn well for a big man and has a rasping shot when given the chance.
Best striker down our place this season.

Difficult to see how good he could be in the Leo role when he plays in a team instructed to be thugs.

Difficult to see how good he could be in the Leo role when he plays in a team instructed to be thugs.

Quite. He fits in well in that Colin team, but I just don't see him doing a Bonatini for us. I really would like to see a RWB bought before Wednesday evening as cover for Mr Gloves, but apart from that, I think we're good until the summer. Now THAT transfer window will be interesting!

We are in advanced talks to sign Afobe on loan according to Pete O'Rourke (not a fake account either this time). That said, he reckoned Hause was set to go on loan weeks ago and it didn't happen.

Also, if we do sign him on loan surely means we are making someone else's deal permanent? Deadline day signing of Jota, yeah? :D

I've just seen that tackle on Leroy Sane - it's no wonder Warnock is despised throughout the game

I've just seen that tackle on Leroy Sane - it's no wonder Warnock is despised throughout the game

Warnock’s post match interview was disgusting, no remorse and a final shot of “He’s in England int he, what does he expect”. Good argument for the FA to take his coaching badges off him!

Been told that an announcement is jimminent

I copyrighted that phrase about six months ago so you can expect the paperwork for my lawsuit to land through your door any day now...

He can piss off!

ArcticShabbyKissingbug-size_restricted.gif

I copyrighted that phrase about six months ago so you can expect the paperwork for my lawsuit to land through your door any day now...

I'll mebbe buy you a pint as penance Saturday.

However being told Afobe is due to sign today / Tomorrow.

It's a new source so dont know how true it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back