• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

I suppose it's media fluff and saying the right things type stuff,but players always seem really happy to sign for us,and how close knit we are,and a happy club,and then when they leave how said they are to go,we must be doing lots of things we never see or know about really well.
Didn't explain that at all well did I ?

I suppose it's media fluff and saying the right things type stuff,but players always seem really happy to sign for us,and how close knit we are,and a happy club,and then when they leave how said they are to go,we must be doing lots of things we never see or know about really well.
Didn't explain that at all well did I ?

It appears that the whole club from the top down seesm to have been consumed by a collective ethos and strategy under fosun. Everyone knows or seems to know what they are doing and why. It is a delight to see and hear and long may it last

What sort of money will we get off Stoke for the Vokes deal if he goes for £7m? I can't remember what we paid for him. Was it around £1m?

Excluding loans and youth signings I have has us down as spending around £112m since promotion on 10 players, getting about £20m back (inc Vokes)

That £20m will go straight into this year's accounts too (won't be pure profit as we'll be writing off the value of the contracts, but still). Trying to think about how the spending will get accounted this year, would expect it'd be roughly something like this (most of this is very rough numbers and the contracts are based on info from transfermarkt, do not take these as gospel)

Moutinho - £5m, 2 year deal = £2.5m
Jota - £12m, 4 year deal = £3m
Patricio - £18m, 4 year deal = £4.5m
Boly - £10m, 3 year deal = £3.3m
Vinagre - £2m, 5 year deal = £400k
Dendoncker - £12m, not sure about the contract - let's assume 4 years so £3m
Traore - £18m, 5 year deal = £3.6m
Jonny - £15m, 4.5 year deal = £3.3m
Jonny loan fee = ?? can't find any info on it - let's be generous and say £1m
Jiminez loan fee = £2.5m
Bonatini - £5m, 4 year deal = £1.25m

Total that up and it's about £28.5m to go into the books this year. We'll make a loss on the transfer side for sure but I don't think it's anything to get concerned about.

-edit- hmm excluding loans that's only 8. I might be missing something really obvious

-double edit- missed Leo and Afobe. Afobe will be immediately written off and we'll make the difference as profit, so he's about a £2m credit this year

-triple edit (!) - thinking about it Batth should be pure profit, if I understand everything correctly, as he came through the youth ranks. So that's £3-3.5m credit as well. Nice!

That £20m will go straight into this year's accounts too (won't be pure profit as we'll be writing off the value of the contracts, but still). Trying to think about how the spending will get accounted this year, would expect it'd be roughly something like this (most of this is very rough numbers and the contracts are based on info from transfermarkt, do not take these as gospel)

Jiminez loan fee = £2.5m

Total that up and it's about £27m to go into the books this year. We'll make a loss on the transfer side for sure but I don't think it's anything to get concerned about.

-edit- hmm excluding loans that's only 8. I might be missing something really obvious

We will have the continued expense from Neves, Cav, Costa so their yearly transfer "budget" needs adding plus any other of our signing that haven't been paid off yet

Jiminez loan fee = £2.5m
Bonatini - £5m, 4 year deal = £1.25m

Total that up and it's about £28.5m to go into the books this year. We'll make a loss on the transfer side for sure but I don't think it's anything to get concerned about.

-double edit- missed Leo and Afobe. Afobe will be immediately written off and we'll make the difference as profit, so he's about a £2m credit this year

-triple edit (!) - thinking about it Batth should be pure profit, if I understand everything correctly, as he came through the youth ranks. So that's £3-3.5m credit as well. Nice!
Afobe and Bonatini are the other 2.

We will have the continued expense from Neves, Cav, Costa so their yearly transfer "budget" needs adding plus any other of our signing that haven't been paid off yet

Good point...(oops) - perhaps I should leave this to the club :icon_mrgreen: :icon_redface:

Would think so, you can't amortise what you don't own. I would think it gets taken off the revenue for this financial year from his sale.

lets hope that Raul and Diogo get through the rest of the season uninjured as can't see anyone else ready to fill their boots.

Bonatini having a medical at Forest then. Hope he does well there.

Would think so, you can't amortise what you don't own. I would think it gets taken off the revenue for this financial year from his sale.

Yeah pretty sure it's taken off the incoming transfer fee so won't actually show up on the amortisation but just wondered whether it had to go down as a full year or if could be cut to reflect the mid-season transfer.

Yeah pretty sure it's taken off the incoming transfer fee so won't actually show up on the amortisation but just wondered whether it had to go down as a full year or if could be cut to reflect the mid-season transfer.

The amortisation will be done monthly, so I guess, £1.25m amortised, £8.75 balance sheet, leaving £3.25m profit.

Back