• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Never thought i'd see the day we'd be signing a 24 year old full Spain international. Great signing.

We MADE him a full intertnational, so he owed us this move.

Just waiting to see the news that Stoke have signed Jonny from us for £20m.

Somewhere on an Atletico Madrid forum there's a load of handwringing about the morality of selling a player at a profit when he hasn't kicked a ball for you.

Somewhere on an Atletico Madrid forum there's a load of handwringing about the morality of selling a player at a profit when he hasn't kicked a ball for you.

Timoteo Spiers going mental on Twitter?

We MADE him a full intertnational, so he owed us this move.

Just waiting to see the news that Stoke have signed Jonny from us for £20m.

I'm waiting for confirmation that Stoke have paid £7m plus Crouch to Burnley for Sam Vokes and we make some MORE cash from a deal of theirs :icon_lol:

Spiers with some ~JonnyQuotes

"I am very happy here, the truth is that it was very easy to decide.

"The last few days we spoke about it and now it’s official, I’ll be Wolves for the next four years.

"They are treating me very well, there are great staff, great team mates and great supporters. It is a big club and really, I am very happy to be here.

"We’ve had conversations for a while, but everything has been very fast.

"The clubs reached an agreement and asked me what I thought and really from the first moment I said yes to Wolves because the truth is that I am very happy to be here.

"I really like this league, I really like Wolverhampton and I'm really happy to be here."

Either he's putting a brave face on or Marca are full of shit

-edit- seems Timbo's done a straight copy job from the official site, deary me

So The Sun (I know) has ran a story about Jonny being fuming regards being used as a “bargaining chip”, and that he doesn’t want to move here permanently but has been “backed in to a corner”.

No quotes, obvs.

They are right. HE IS FURIOUS
"There are great staff, great team mates and great supporters. It is a big club and really, I am very happy to be here."

Few rumblings that if we get Azmoun over the line that Traore will re-join Boro on loan

The last line of that is so very true. We are way better than we were at the start. Next season (without a November blip) who knows what will happen. One thing I know for certain the big teams will be trying to nick our players in the summer.

Agreed - which is why it is important to have finishing 7th as a priority over the FA Cup - convince our best players that with some good summer signings of our own they can achieve their ambitions by staying with us. They have signed up to a project and hopefully will have invested enough of themselves into it to want to stay and see it through - after all our aim is to be as good as/better than those teams that may come in for them.

Few rumblings that if we get Azmoun over the line that Traore will re-join Boro on loan

Can't see that happening either way. Don't know what the point would be of paying them 18m for him and then lending them back to him for free or a small loan fee only 6 months later.

Can't see that happening either way. Don't know what the point would be of paying them 18m for him and then lending them back to him for free or a small loan fee only 6 months later.

I would be surprised if it happened BUT 1) We have no changed how our front line plays and that really doesn't suit Traore and 2) He hasn't really done a lot and if its not working out it doesn't matter if he cost £0 or £18m, if you or the player don't think this is for them, then you move on.

I would be surprised if it happened BUT 1) We have no changed how our front line plays and that really doesn't suit Traore and 2) He hasn't really done a lot and if its not working out it doesn't matter if he cost £0 or £18m, if you or the player don't think this is for them, then you move on.

I think with a squad of 18/19 senior players we're better off keeping him until the summer unless we can get a fee for him. We're only a couple of injuries away from being very thin on the bench.

We're not very good at signing forward players on deadline day.

(chuffed to bits with Jonny).

I think with a squad of 18/19 senior players we're better off keeping him until the summer unless we can get a fee for him. We're only a couple of injuries away from being very thin on the bench.

Its all dead anyway with the Azmoun deal hitting the rocks.

Bravo to Wolves media team, posting a picture of him on Instagram with the tag line heartbroken.

Back