• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Ian Holloway has genuinely just said on SSN that this is the best window he's ever seen.

:icon_lol:

Sounds like Liverpool have said they would be willing to let Origi go last-minute- might be worth another look.

Sounds like Liverpool have said they would be willing to let Origi go last-minute- might be worth another look.

I think that would be a good move. He's clearly talented and can operate centrally and out wide. Would be good back up.

He'd need to up his workrate versus his cup performance against us, he did however take his goal well

Bonatini has posted a photo of himself in a Forest shirt with the caption “Bonatini is coming”, but it’s since been deleted. So that’s a done deal, then.

We're in a great position - league and Cup - just worried that an injury to Raul could bugger it all up without back up

Leo to Forest confirmed til the end of the season.

with bonatini gone we need a warm body on the bench, if nothing else. traore cannot operate as a forward and that's how we seem to be playing for the time being. cav can but isn't in nuno's good graces.

Origi would be fine. Giroud would be better. haven't kept up to be honest so not sure who else is rumored.

Giroud isn't even a rumour, it was Tim Nash mentioning random strikers.

Leo hasn't made the bench since Palace right at the start of the month and we've played two up front in every game since then. He hasn't made it onto the pitch for almost three months (Spurs at home). We're not losing anything there.

Giroud isn't even a rumour, it was Tim Nash mentioning random strikers.

Leo hasn't made the bench since Palace right at the start of the month and we've played two up front in every game since then. He hasn't made it onto the pitch for almost three months (Spurs at home). We're not losing anything there.

Agreed Dan... but I do take others point about potential injury to Raul would leave us in a mess.

None of the other 3 inside forwards can do a similar job...

Plus we move Jota up front and we are forced to play two of Costa, Cav or Adama...

I’m no longer very keen on any of those three players as viable options - maybe for 20 mins now and again.

We need a back up for Raul if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah Deutch... fuckin Nash. :icon_lol:

Agreed Dan... but I do take others point about potential injury to Raul would leave us in a mess.

None of the other 3 inside forwards can do a similar job...

Plus we move Jota up front and we are forced to play two of Costa, Cav or Adama...

I’m no longer very keen on any of those three players as viable options - maybe for 20 mins now and again.

We need a back up for Raul if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on.

I think we'll bring someone in even though there aren't any real rumours. Costa and Troare showed on Saturday what we have behind our starting two in our favoured formation.

Surely we have someone lined up if Leo has gone? I know he hasn't featured much, but Raul is our only recognised striker now.

Transfer Deadline Day is also known as Unfollow Nash Until May Day.

Iorfa to Sheffield Wednesday on a permanent.

Surely we have someone lined up if Leo has gone? I know he hasn't featured much, but Raul is our only recognised striker now.

Not knocking our transfer business over the past few years, but I feel like there's not a window gone by without us letting a player go without cover.
We might have something in the works, but I don't think that's got much to do with Bonatini.

I’m not expecting us to sign a striker. I do have my reservations about relying so heavily on a small number of players. One injury to Raul, for example, and we are going to seriously struggle.

Back