• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

If true then good for him. I hope he does well for himself.

£3.5m is nothing in today's market - but the reality is, he's never getting a game here again - has been loaned out and can't get in that side either. So it's about as much (if not more) than we can expect for a player in that situation.

He goes with my best wishes. Local lad, proper professional and always gave his best for the shirt.

Yep. Good luck if it happens

Reports coming out this morning saying we are going to be able to sign Jonny permanently this window because Atletico need the cash.

Yep, it's a fair price, he'll do a good solid job for them. Wish him nothing but the best and has to be better playing for the new Stoke boss than Pulis. And however big a hole Stoke might be, nowhere compares to Middlesbrough

Yep, it's a fair price, he'll do a good solid job for them. Wish him nothing but the best and has to be better playing for the new Stoke boss than Pulis. And however big a hole Stoke might be, nowhere compares to Middlesbrough

True. Both my sons went to Teeside Uni in Middlesbrough. I had to visit the place on endless occasions over three years. It was a shithole when I first went and never got any better.

True. Both my sons went to Teeside Uni in Middlesbrough. I had to visit the place on endless occasions over three years. It was a shithole when I first went and never got any better.

I went to Teesside back when it was a poly in the late '80s. Had quite a good time, but good lord it was grim, especially coming from famously leafy Surrey.

See that Morata has gone to Atletico on an 18 month loan - does that mean they'll still need to raise money by selling us Jonny? Must be a significant loan fee for 18 months

Regardless of Jonny's suitability in our current system, his resale value will be way above 15m in a couple of seasons. Cracking business if true.

And good on Danny Batth. He played a real part in rebuilding the club in L1 and will always have my good will. Great ambassador for the club -fuckwits are much too quick to criticise

Timbo -

As reported by @JPercyTelegraph I understand the Jonny Castro Otto fee is indeed a whopping £18million, which would equal the club record paid for Traore last summer #wwfc

So £18m then. That’s about as high as I’d go, if I’m honest.

That's a silly fee for a Spanish international.

Alberto Moreno cost Liverpool £12m four and a half years ago and he is shite. Take inflation into account and we're getting an absolute steal.

18m is a pretty solid deal IMO

happy to hear it

Think both sides should be happy with that. Atletico make about £12m profit give or take on a player who's never played for them.

With the fees being paid in the PL then £18 m is not really a big deal for a quality Int defender - just do it

Still not a deal I'd do, but not as against it as I was with the player who's record he is equalling

I'd pay £18,000,001 just so he isn't our record signing any more.

I absolutely would do it.

I cannot frankly get my head around people who are anti- this deal. It's fucking bizarre.

"I wouldn't do it"

"That's the most I would pay"

I paraphrase, but the posts are above.

Back