• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

if its a deal its a steal its goddamn sale of the century

To borrow a quote

I just can't see us replacing doc tbh. The way he drives inside in the final third is so unique and is clearly a nightmare to defend against, he finds pockets of space so easily. If we'd have signed him from Rio Ave last July he'd be everybody's favourite player. He gets a more forensic defensive critique than anybody else, but we're a so much better side when he's on it. He's actually a really intelligent footballer, and I think playing jota and Raul upfront rather than with an inside forward will really benefit him - and us.

If we'd have signed him from Rio Ave last July he'd be everybody's favourite player.

You've said this before and it wasn't true then either.

He's been at partial fault for way too many goals already this season and he's been dropped for a reason.

I just can't see us replacing doc tbh. The way he drives inside in the final third is so unique and is clearly a nightmare to defend against, he finds pockets of space so easily. If we'd have signed him from Rio Ave last July he'd be everybody's favourite player. He gets a more forensic defensive critique than anybody else, but we're a so much better side when he's on it. He's actually a really intelligent footballer, and I think playing jota and Raul upfront rather than with an inside forward will really benefit him - and us.

I think that's a valid point. Be interesting to see what opinions were if he was called Matteo Doccertini...

Agreed. Offensively he's been a very important player for us.

You've said this before and it wasn't true then either.

He's been at partial fault for way too many goals already this season and he's been dropped for a reason.

Too early to say he's been dropped, isn't it? It was only one game.

On Doherty, he is having another cracking season, no doubt. He's continuing to improve, has scored a few winners by getting himself into good attacking positions, and has improved physically. Fair play to him. He still cannot cross a ball though and still cannot defend. But when you weigh up pros and cons of his game, this season, the pros outweigh the cons and he is an important player for us however you look at it.

I don't think there's any way that we leave Vinagre out yesterday if he isn't playing against West Ham, it would make no sense.

Jonny plays every league game he is available for, he was straight back in against Bournemouth after his injury.

Doherty was dropped because he was terrible against City and gave away the first goal, which Nuno was (rightly) furious about given our gameplan was to keep it at 0-0 for as long as possible.

Doherty and Jonny will start on Tuesday.

Cheers, Nuno.

Personally I think we'll see Vinny start and his instruction will be to get forward at PabZab as much as possible. Anderson on the other side is probably their most in form player, so it makes sense to have the more defensively minded Jonny on the right to keep an eye on him.

Good thinking. I'll now sit and think of Vinagre blitzing Zabaleta zzzzzmmm

Stoke have apparently bid £3.5m for Danny Batth.

4119d15379133b0589572fea2b5b0a62.jpg

If it happens, it's a decent fee for a player who has been a great pro for us. Twitter will be unbearable though - the disrespect shown towards Batth (and Bonatini for that matter) REALLY fucks me off.

Nice to actually get a good fee for a player for a change instead of a series of pointless loans.

If it happens, it's a decent fee for a player who has been a great pro for us. Twitter will be unbearable though - the disrespect shown towards Batth (and Bonatini for that matter) REALLY fucks me off.

This.

3.5m sill be excellent business for an academy player too (who has also given a good service to the club already). Surprised Jones is keen on him though if it is true.

Handy for Danny as well,only a short trip up the motorway,doesn't have to uproot his family

£3.5m is nothing in today's market - but the reality is, he's never getting a game here again - has been loaned out and can't get in that side either. So it's about as much (if not more) than we can expect for a player in that situation.

He goes with my best wishes. Local lad, proper professional and always gave his best for the shirt.

Back