• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Jonny is only 24 and a Spanish international who has been very good so far, I'd be delighted if we signed him permanently. Same goes for Jimenez

Can see both sides of the argument.

Being in the box and making that pathetic pass to Jota recently sums up his attacking prowess I think.

Quality defender though. Makes it look effortless at times, like he isn't very fast, yet seems to clean up and be 3 steps ahead of what's going on.

d8c1246be93490fb06e8d3a018b4c5c3.jpg

Lots of rumours around Cav tbf, its getting to the point where its likely he is available.

st

If there's not a significant upturn for them in the next four months, I can see all of Costa, Cav and Traore being moved on in the summer. Especially if we stick with two up front. None of them have been good enough, Cav has flickered the most but he has way too many off days and when he's bad, he's awful. Costa and Traore have had about two decent games each and the rest have been fairly horrific.

We won't do anything in this window though.

If he's available then surely Huddersfield would be back in for him (if they ever were in the first place).

Our squad is too small to let him go without a replacement though IMO.

If there's not a significant upturn for them in the next four months, I can see all of Costa, Cav and Traore being moved on in the summer. Especially if we stick with two up front. None of them have been good enough, Cav has flickered the most but he has way too many off days and when he's bad, he's awful. Costa and Traore have had about two decent games each and the rest have been fairly horrific.

Cav is the most frustrating. Start him and he seems like he can't trap or pass a ball. Bring him off the bench and he looks great.

Bang on the money. Can see us being pretty ruthless in the summer.

Jonny is quicker than you think. He’s also a very good defender and very comfortable on the ball. He gets a bit of a nose bleed In attacking areas and his shooting/ decision making are not quite there but this can improve. Particularly if he is only used to being an orthodox full back.

Didn’t understand the love in for Vinagre against Leicester. Yes he gets up and down a lot and his very positive going forwards, but most the time he gave the ball away or put in a terrible cross. For his age though, he is doing great and will only improve.

Would be gutted if we sold Cavaleiro. Still think he's got a lot to offer.

Would be gutted if we sold Cavaleiro. Still think he's got a lot to offer.

The way we will look at it is:

- Has he done enough? No
- Does he get in our current team? No
- Is there even a role for him in our newly tweaked formation? Probably no
- Do we have a number of forward players sitting around doing nothing who we need to improve on? Yes

And you don't sell players, other people buy them. You can't sell what no-one wants. Who on earth would want to buy Costa or Traore if they were purely looking at this season's performances?

Of the three, I'd be most reticent to let Cav go, but I'm not that fussed. The club is moving forward quickly, some people will get left in the dust. That's football.

Of course if someone is stupid enough to offer us most of our money back for Adama then let him go as he has the least to offer (IMO).

Juventus defender Rogerio is attracting major Premier League interest.

The Mirror says Wolves and Southampton are ready to fight it out for Brazilian defender Rogerio.

Wolves are prepared to offer £12million for Rogerio, who is on loan at Serie A side Sassuolo from Juventus.

Southampton are also keen on the left-back, who has been capped by Brazil at Under-17 and Under-20 level.

Rogerio, 21, has yet to play a senior game for Juventus and also spent last season on loan at Sassuolo.

Tim Spiers
‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star
Leeds' rumoured interest in Ivan Cavaleiro...I gather Wolves have received no approach and wouldn't encourage one as he's not for sale #wwfc

Tim Spiers
‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star
Leeds' rumoured interest in Ivan Cavaleiro...I gather Wolves have received no approach and wouldn't encourage one as he's not for sale #wwfc

You love a Tim Spiers tweet these days.

The way we will look at it is:

- Has he done enough? No
- Does he get in our current team? No
- Is there even a role for him in our newly tweaked formation? Probably no
- Do we have a number of forward players sitting around doing nothing who we need to improve on? Yes

And you don't sell players, other people buy them. You can't sell what no-one wants. Who on earth would want to buy Costa or Traore if they were purely looking at this season's performances?

Of the three, I'd be most reticent to let Cav go, but I'm not that fussed. The club is moving forward quickly, some people will get left in the dust. That's football.

Of course if someone is stupid enough to offer us most of our money back for Adama then let him go as he has the least to offer (IMO).

could've said the same thing about Jota a little while ago. I don't think Cav has been given a fair shake this season, but of course I can't see what's going on behind the scenes. He had those 1-2 dreadful games but so has everyone else on the team (and weren't we playing poorly at the time?), plus he was coming in behind the curve due to injury. With his first few sub appearances he showed how he's capable of playing.

I agree that Traore has shown the least so far, which is rather disappointing. Nuno hasn't been doing his 2nd half subs as often as he used to, but I can't blame him with how Jota/Raul are playing and how those on the bench aren't. kind of a tough spot for both sides. I think if we're clicking as a team Cav will match.

You love a Tim Spiers tweet these days.
Always love a Timmy tweet.

Just like how he can flip from ITK into a histerical teen in the time it takes him to give Doc an 9/10 performance rating

We can probably get our money back for Cav fairly easily, £7-12m is a fair price for someone whose stats are great over two seasons in the championship and is still young. We’re probably not going to get someone to pay us back £14m for Costa at this current moment and I won’t go into Adama

Doubt that we will move much in this window - the summer is a different issue though

Can't believe people are not up for signing Jonny, he's our best/most consistant defender, as for his attacking play, his crossing is no worse than Vinagre or Doherty and he's not so old that he can't improve. Also imo he is more comfortable on the right and he's not had proper run on that side.
As for Cav, he is our best finisher by some margin, yes he is inconsistant but he's not really had a decent run in the team, I'd keep him unless there is a proper upgrade on the horizon.

Back