• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

It really is amazing the squad we've assembled in such a short space of time. For a newly promoted side to be thinking that we don't really need to be adding anyone desperately in January is quite astonishing. Seems like yesterday that we were watching players like Edwards, Byrne, Rowe, Batth & Mason clatter around the lower half of the Championship.

Not the only options, there are the loan cover options. To get an experienced player in up front for 6 months would be a good option. We can then reassess in the summer. I imagine there's some players who fill that void.
The only issue with this is the selling club. Unless we make a stupid offer or they have a readymade replacement already lined up, they won't sell.

It's just a shit window all around, really.

Not the only options, there are the loan cover options. To get an experienced player in up front for 6 months would be a good option. We can then reassess in the summer. I imagine there's some players who fill that void.

I would also be going for Tierney at Celtic. Spend the money now and get him used to the squad as he's clearly up for the move and he's achieved all he can at Celtic. He can then compete with Vinagre next season.

But how many players currently starting for their current team want to come as cover and sit on the bench?

The only issue with this is the selling club. Unless we make a stupid offer or they have a readymade replacement already lined up, they won't sell.

It's just a shit window all around, really.

Why wouldn't they sell? There's many reasons they'd loan a player out, getting them off the wage book, making way for a new player, letting the player have one last payday, making way for a younger player to get more minutes, running down a contract.

Blame Sky (and its not just our fans on this). They make a huge thing out of the transfer window and epecially deadline day. So its get to the point where you could have had a great window but sign no one on deadline day and your club has no ambition and where has the money gone

I blame Harry Redknapp. To be honest, he's my go to option when blame needs apportioning anyway...

Linked with Gianluca Mancini from Atalanta on the twitters. Not really familiar with him but he's 22 and his name seems to be circulating about (agent, most likely)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoB_oUC6g-U

5 goals in 15 in Serie A (!) - seems solid enough, decent on the ball

Side note I seem to remember an article or interview posted not too long ago about our scouting and I seem to remember them stating the different countries we're currently active in - don't think Italy was one of them? Might be an oversight or maybe we just aren't looking there?

-edit- to say didn't realise Gasperini was coach at Atalanta. They'll almost certainly be playing 3-4-3 or some variant then, so would make sense from a fit POV.

AS reporting that Atleti are going to sell us Jonny to raise funds for Morata.

Obviously all depending on us selling Berra first.

Apparently his agent is at wolves today. This is according to a huge source I have.....the window cleaner who lives on my street. So very much ITK....

I've a friend who works at asda,I'll ask them see if they've seen any footballers agents in there,that's a
Ways a definite sign being seen in asda

Apparently his agent is at wolves today. This is according to a huge source I have.....the window cleaner who lives on my street. So very much ITK....

Fair enough if he also cleans the windows at Compton as they're meeting football agents inside.

Speak with him a fair bit but its always general Wolves stuff. Then today as I walk out of the street its the first thing he says. Wherever he was doing his commercial cleaning today, Laurie, Jeff and apparently the top man from Fosun where there with a few others. Got told it was Jonny's representatives. Think he is delighted to get some insider knowledge.

Guo is at Davos fwiw, or was yesterday at least

His ITK lasted less than 10 mins...(although he may be confused about who was there as he couldn't even remember Jeff's name)

His ITK lasted less than 10 mins...(although he may be confused about who was there as he couldn't even remember Jeff's name)

To be fair those Chinese names are a bugger to remember

I've a friend who works at asda,I'll ask them see if they've seen any footballers agents in there,that's a
Ways a definite sign being seen in asda

This is not Molineux Mix.....

I've got a mate who's a lettings agent in Perton. I'll give him a call and see if Dennis Bergkamp's place has stirred up any interest in the last few hours.

Back