• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

It's a lot more direct up there, so that will probably suit him. I have thought for a while that he can still do a job at a reasonable level (not quite PL, but not far off) - he just needs the right move. That would be an excellent switch for him if there's any truth in it, and I would wish him nothing but the best.

That’ll mean the world to him, Jinks.

Supposed target Benjamin Tetteh has supposedly gone to Galatasary

Few rumours this morning linking us with Stanislav Lobotka from Celta.

The excitement of the January window approaching had completely faded now for me, don't think we have any serious Jan targets.

Abraham was clearly the target, but we aren't going to bring anyone else in for the sake of it. I think we are a flexible defensive player and a forward light. With injuries we can probably fudge the latter to a degree, the former less so.

I don't really think we need any. The squad is a little light compared to others, but that's how Nuno likes it. Better value in the summer, and assuming we stay near enough where we are now, can start attracting a better quality.

The excitement of the January window approaching had completely faded now for me, don't think we have any serious Jan targets.

This window is going to be unusually quiet for just about everyone. None of the big guns are doing anything.

And to be honest pretty much crap all is going on elsewhere in the table.

Poor Jim White.

This window is going to be unusually quiet for just about everyone. None of the big guns are doing anything.

And to be honest pretty much crap all is going on elsewhere in the table.

Poor Jim White.

Chelsea the only ones really spending and so far that spend is for a player to arrive in the Summer. Would expect Spurs to look at a player with Kane and Alli out until March.

Would expect Spurs to look at a player with Kane and Alli out until March.

traore.png

Impressed* at Wembley. Can apparently be taught to be the world's greatest player. Bargain at £20m.

*Well, sort of

Abraham was clearly the target, but we aren't going to bring anyone else in for the sake of it. I think we are a flexible defensive player and a forward light. With injuries we can probably fudge the latter to a degree, the former less so.

Yeah I am not advocating a signing for the sake of it. More there are people wet with excitement over rumours and news and everyone here seems to be more of the wait and see acceptance to just ignore it, which personally I prefer.

With the way Nuno doesn't just seem to throw new signings in but wants them to fully know there role. I'd have been up for us bringing in another rwb even if it's more for next season but appreciate the difficulties of that approach to a pro footballer.

Generally speaking, without paying a silly fee, the only players that are available in this window are either players that are not getting in to their current starting 11's - such as Kenny Tete/Moritz Bauer (and usually there is a reason they have dropped down the pecking order). Realistically, we are 8th in one of the best, if not the best, league/s in the world so if a player can't get in to their current starting 11, are they going to improve us?

The other option is to go for young prospects or players from a lower level who are looking to make the move up; so then the question is, will they make an immediate impact? Most of the time the answer is "no".

So all in all, you're left in a very tricky situation. I find it mad that so many of our fans don't understand this and are desperate for us to sign anyone for the sake of it.

Generally speaking, without paying a silly fee, the only players that are available in this window are either players that are not getting in to their current starting 11's - such as Kenny Tete/Moritz Bauer (and usually there is a reason they have dropped down the pecking order). Realistically, we are 8th in one of the best, if not the best, league/s in the world so if a player can't get in to their current starting 11, are they going to improve us?

The other option is to go for young prospects or players from a lower level who are looking to make the move up; so then the question is, will they make an immediate impact? Most of the time the answer is "no".

Not the only options, there are the loan cover options. To get an experienced player in up front for 6 months would be a good option. We can then reassess in the summer. I imagine there's some players who fill that void.

I would also be going for Tierney at Celtic. Spend the money now and get him used to the squad as he's clearly up for the move and he's achieved all he can at Celtic. He can then compete with Vinagre next season.

Not the only options, there are the loan cover options. To get an experienced player in up front for 6 months would be a good option. We can then reassess in the summer. I imagine there's some players who fill that void.

Grant Holt? He's played for loads of clubs, so that just shows how good he is.

I find it mad that so many of our fans don't understand this and are desperate for us to sign anyone for the sake of it.

Blame Sky (and its not just our fans on this). They make a huge thing out of the transfer window and epecially deadline day. So its get to the point where you could have had a great window but sign no one on deadline day and your club has no ambition and where has the money gone

Back