• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if we look to sell Bennett and Doherty come the close season replacements depending.

Both (particularly Benno) are performing exceptionally but there's no scope for more, I think they're riding the coattails of momentum. For example, see Dicko after 14/15. Injury aside he's never looked close to the same player.

This might not be palatable to some but you've gotta know when to stick or twist which we haven't for years, if at all. I can see other less divisive players also being shifted, this isn't me shitposting Doherty.

Man City did the same with the likes of Richard Dunne when they started becoming big players. He was four time player of the year there but was moved on to Villa at the end of first season of big money.

Outstanding post mate ! Harsh but true.

I wouldn't be surprised if we look to sell Bennett and Doherty come the close season replacements depending.

Both (particularly Benno) are performing exceptionally but there's no scope for more, I think they're riding the coattails of momentum. For example, see Dicko after 14/15. Injury aside he's never looked close to the same player.

This might not be palatable to some but you've gotta know when to stick or twist which we haven't for years, if at all. I can see other less divisive players also being shifted, this isn't me shitposting Doherty.

Man City did the same with the likes of Richard Dunne when they started becoming big players. He was four time player of the year there but was moved on to Villa at the end of first season of big money.

Think this true, tbh in 2 or 3 seasons time, I'd only expect Jota and Neves from the current squad to be regular first team starters.....assuming we're chasing top 4/Euro football

Certainly think that Ryan Bennett - who will be 29 at the end of the season - is entitled to go with our very best wishes at the end of the season and sign a long term deal with Derby, Villa, Fulham or whichever moneyed team is trying to get out of the Championship next season. John Ruddy is 32 and wouldn't be surprised to see him do something similar.

Even if we sign an upgrade on Bennett, he'll still be here at least another season IMO. Our depth at CB isn't massive past the first XI.

Even if we sign an upgrade on Bennett, he'll still be here at least another season IMO. Our depth at CB isn't massive past the first XI.

That’s why he got a 2 year deal. He’s boosted his salary massively for 3 seasons. I’m sure he’s quite happy to be a bit part player next year and then going into the last year of his deal he’s got a decision to make. We either sell him on to allow him to play or he runs down the deal.

Tete started tonight for Lyon, booked and taken off with 10 minutes to go in a 1-1 draw at St Etienne.

I don't know, I didn't watch it. Ligue Un is horseshit.

That will be an outstanding move for him considering the last 18 months he has had

Celtic to sign Iorfa on a pre-contract. Why don't Iorfa and Wolves cancel his contract and he can get up to Glasgow sooner and get his career back on track?

Celtic to sign Iorfa on a pre-contract. Why don't Iorfa and Wolves cancel his contract and he can get up to Glasgow sooner and get his career back on track?

Might be taking a wage drop to go there, why would you take that any earlier than you had to?

And Celtic don’t need him yet - their first choice centre back is leaving on a free at the end of the season.

Says a lot about the quality of Scotland's leading team and the league they play in

Says a lot about the quality of Scotland's leading team and the league they play in
Still he will get to play in front 60000 fans every other week and play in the Champions League. Better than fucking around in L1

And Celtic don’t need him yet - their first choice centre back is leaving on a free at the end of the season.

He'd be in at RB I imagine, they've been after one for ages as Lustig has long since been finished.

It's a lot more direct up there, so that will probably suit him. I have thought for a while that he can still do a job at a reasonable level (not quite PL, but not far off) - he just needs the right move. That would be an excellent switch for him if there's any truth in it, and I would wish him nothing but the best.

Back