• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

I'd pay it, he's a great full back. I'm still.not convinced he's a great wing back though.

It would be a very good price. Pereira cost Leicester £25m and while he's better going forwards he's nowhere near as good a defender.

It would be a very good price. Pereira cost Leicester £25m and while he's better going forwards he's nowhere near as good a defender.
They'd probably be better fits if they swapped clubs in reality, both good players though.

I absolutely would do it.

I cannot frankly get my head around people who are anti- this deal. It's fucking bizarre.

Because I don't think in our formation he's that great to be honest. On the left he often takes the momemtum out of our attacks and I don't think we've seen enough of him on the right to form a decent opinion. As I said previously he's a top class full back, but we don't play with one. I think we look better offensively with Vinagre in the side, not because I think he's great, I've said before he's as green as grass, but because his natural instinct is to go forwards, not check back/inside.

I don't want to turn this into a debate about whether I rate Jonny or not, because I do, but unless Nuno is planning on moving to a flat back 4 in the next year, which I doubt, then I'd not personally spend the money. You'd get Tierney for around the same amount

I'd rather have him than Doc on the right.

Agree that Jonny is a better full-back than wing-back but £18m is a steal for a player of his standard, even if we do decide to upgrade (but the other side should be a much greater priority) then we should be easily able to recoup that fee.

As for Batth that's another good deal, would not have expected to get that much for him. Been a good servant to the club and always worked his hardest, just has a ceiling which is the Championship and we are now beyond that. Good luck to him.

Because I don't think in our formation he's that great to be honest. On the left he often takes the momemtum out of our attacks and I don't think we've seen enough of him on the right to form a decent opinion. As I said previously he's a top class full back, but we don't play with one. I think we look better offensively with Vinagre in the side, not because I think he's great, I've said before he's as green as grass, but because his natural instinct is to go forwards, not check back/inside.

I don't want to turn this into a debate about whether I rate Jonny or not, because I do, but unless Nuno is planning on moving to a flat back 4 in the next year, which I doubt, then I'd not personally spend the money. You'd get Tierney for around the same amount

I'd buy Tierney as well personally. He's a top class player in the Robertson mould.

Allows Nuno to play 4-3-3 next season as an alternative if he decides to go down that route.

The Jonny fee is a no brainier. Superb value for a Spanish International.

I'd still be surprised if we don't bring another striker in. An injury to Raul and suddenly the season is looking very different

I absolutely would do it.

I cannot frankly get my head around people who are anti- this deal. It's fucking bizarre.

Agreed. It's a ridiculous fee for a 24 year old Spanish international FFS :icon_lol:

Tim Nash going in balls deep:

. @Wolves boss @Nuno would still like to sign a striker on loan. They retain an interest in Liverpool forward Divock Origi, 23, while there is also admiration for Chelsea's Olivier Giroud, 32, whose future could be uncertain after the arrival of Gonzalo Higuaín.

Origi to Giroud is covering a lot of angles there!

Isn’t it just!

I think Giroud would be great for us as a short term option I have to say.

He's also mentioned Charlie Austin which gives away that he's just guessing.

So essentially "Wolves want a striker and it could be anyone in the world, except Benik Afobe"

So essentially "Wolves want a striker and it could be anyone in the world, except Benik Afobe"

Has he specifically mentioned not Benik Afobe then ? because that would be narrowing the field a bit

Back